PDA

View Full Version : So I was watching women's snowboarding...

s_gosney
02-14-2006, 02:13 PM
and thought, "I can totally see dd doing that!" Anyone else? Andrie? Jude? Where are my fellow mommies of adrenaline junkies?

Unfortunately my little wild woman injured herself last night at the park and is out of commission right now. The X-rays didn't show anything but she's still refusing to walk on her foot. :(

daniele_ut
02-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Poor thing! I'm sorry that her foot's bothering her!!

I snowboard, but the halfpipe is far more daunting in person! If I have another dd, I'd totally encourage her to try it, though.

annasmom
02-14-2006, 03:20 PM
SO cool! I would love it if either of my dc had the guts to do something like that! Of course, I wouldn't be able to watch!!

Poor baby! I hope your dd recovers quickly!

s_gosney
02-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Well, here in OK snowboarding is non-existant so I guess it seems even cooler. I would love to try snowboarding, but I don't know about the halfpipe....I think I used to be braver. :)

Thanks for the well-wishes!

s_gosney
02-14-2006, 03:39 PM
I know! I can't imagine how nerve-wracking it will be to watch our dc as they grow and try crazy things.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm hoping she'll be back up to speed soon. It's strange to have your toddler need you to get everything for them again!

jesseandgrace
02-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Totally. I took ds skiing last winter when he was 4 and he was barelling down the mountain. This year we will try snow boarding!

MarisaSF
02-14-2006, 03:56 PM
We've started Jazzy early too. We took her to the mountains last week. She loved riding the gondola up and down (and again and again and again) so that is a start! We talked to a lot of parents of older kids while there and they were encouraging us to try her on skis next year.

She loved the x-games. She now exclaims "SPIN!!!", "WOW!!!" and "WHEEEE!" for the half-pipe and figure skating. She's working on her balance -- lots of seemingly endless spinning in circles. I would love for her to be brave enough to attempt a McTwist or whatever the cool move is these days. :)

I've only snowboarded a couple times. I'm better at skiing, but expect I'll need to try the board again when the kids think my skis are horribly unkoooool. ;)

Sorry to hear about your DD. :(

Tori_s mom
02-14-2006, 05:53 PM
I could see Tori doing it. She spent today jumping and running around the room during the olympics. :)

redhookmom
02-14-2006, 05:53 PM
My daughter will not go outside if there is snow! So I don't think we have a chance.

I hope your daughter's foot is feeling better.