PDA

View Full Version : Fashion question - what colors to wear with brown pants?

KrisM
02-15-2006, 12:46 PM
I have 1 pair of pant that sort of fit right now. I'm in that middle stage where normal pants are tight and maternity all fall down. So, I have a pair of chocolate brown knit pants, but am fashion-clueless as to what colors I can wear on top with them. I always think it has to be a shade of brown.

Please help me!

Puddy73
02-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Ugh, the middle stage is the worst! I'm fashion-clueless, too, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I think that both pink and light blue look good with chocolate brown.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

mommyoftwo
02-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Ditto the pink and blue. Those are actually two of my favorite color combinations. Ivory is plain but always looks nice and also some greens like sage and sometimes olive. HTH!

new_mommy25
02-15-2006, 12:56 PM
White, black, baby blue, certain shades of pink.

CiderLogan
02-15-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm impressed that you are still wearing nonmaternity pants - some of mine are still too big but most fit great now! But I think I am gaining faster this time around...

Anyway, I love brown pants with tan/cream, white, navy, light blue, pink, and even some light green tops.

Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another GIRL due 5/29/06!

hautemama15
02-15-2006, 03:52 PM
I wear pinks, creams, or greens with brown (not lime or bright green, but darker, earthy greens). Pink and brown is hot together right now, but no hot pinks, lighter pinks and baby pinks mostly is what I have seen and wear.

Tondi G
02-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Light blue, aqua, pink, dark green, cream, camel/tan, navy (well almost any blue)

KrisM
02-15-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm carrying really high and until recently, my pants went under my belly completely. Crazy, huh? And, I seem to have lost a bit in my hips, so my pants from last time are huge in the hips and thighs and I look like a teenage boy - waist around my hips and my underwear poking out :).

Thanks everyone for the tips. The blues help a lot.

bostonsmama
02-15-2006, 04:55 PM
I have a favorite pair of chocolate brown pants from the Limited and I always wear them with either a black fitted turtleneck or knit tops in cream, gold or plumb (even purple). Black and brown are about my standard pairing combo for fall....light blue might be nice for spring, but it'd have to be a cool toned blue.

Larissa

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.
~Elizabeth Stone