PDA

View Full Version : i tried a few of the recipes.....

bcky2
02-15-2006, 06:39 PM
and they are great!!!! tonight was the spaghetti pie that was a seperate post, it was sooooo good :9 i have also tried the beef tips with the sour cream and tortellini that was really good. for some reason my fettucine alfredo was really runny but the flavor was sooo good. we also had the baked ziti and that was a big hit in our house. this week we are going to try the spicy orange chicken, the meatloaf, and the chicken with taco seasoning and chicken broth in the slow cooker for tacos. we have had some of the yummiest new dinners in the last week, i love when we share recipes :)

so what has everyone else tried?

just wanted to add something else that i am trying this week. you take a box of brownie mix and mix it according to the package. then take w 4tbsp of butter and melt it in a pan with 1 cup of brown sugar and then once melted add 1 cup of pecans then pour over brownies and bake :9
you can also just crumble the brown sugar and butter together and add the pecans and sprinkle over the top of the brownies and then bake. yep, a paula dean yummy :)

kboyle
02-16-2006, 12:21 AM
mmmmm....the brownies sound tasty! i'm going to try the spaghetti pie recipe next week. i think i posted a recipe for a 7-up roast and I finally tried it this passed weekend and it was GREAT, I was really impressed, I got the recipe from a similar thread on thebabywearer.com. But I did try a bbq ribs recipe from that same thread on tbw and it was HORRIBLE, we all tasted ONE rib and tossed everything out, it wasn't even salvagable. UGH, I hate when recipes go wrong because then you don't eat it and you've just wasted.

if i didn't post it the 7-up roast is:
1 2-3lb roast (i used an english cut)
1 can 7-up or sprite
1 envelope of lipton onion soup mix
1 envelope of brown gravy
desired veggies
mix 2 envelopes and sprite pour on top of roast in a crockpot
cook on low for 4 hrs
add veggies (i used 1/2 bag of baby carrots, 2-3 stalks of celer & 2 sm onions sliced or quarted)
cook on low for another 4 hrs
serve with mash potatoes or egg noodles (i used noodles)

it was sooo tasty and the juices were just thick enough!

karolyp
02-16-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm glad your liked the beef tips and tortellini!

Tonight I am trying the creamy italian chicken that Kristine (kboyle) posted and tommorrow I am gonna try the 7-up beef (that looks so yummy)!! And that's just the beginning...I've gotten so many other great recipes to try too...I can't wait!!

ctmom
02-16-2006, 09:54 AM
I don't think I posted this before, really yummy and easy...

2 lbs ground beef
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 1/2 C flavored breadcrumbs
3/4 C catsup
1/2 C 7UP
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
8 oz brown gravy

combine all ingredients, except gravy, in a bowl; mix well. Place in a shallow baking pan and shape into a loaf. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, top with gravy and bake for an additional 15 minutes.

I made the chicken with coke and catsup last week and it was really good, I think I'm making it again this weekend.

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

bcky2
02-16-2006, 11:03 AM
im glad that you liked it. btw, it is really good to eat on dorritos :9

ctmom
02-16-2006, 11:21 AM
we had my dd's b-day party this past weekend and one of my friends brought a bag of dorritos and introduced "the world's best junk food" to my daughters!!! Just this morning dd asked me if I can buy more "Aunt Amy chips" next time I go to the store! I can only imaging how good the chicken would be on dorritos.

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

kboyle
02-16-2006, 04:49 PM
ooohhh another 7-up recipe, gotta try it!!