PDA

View Full Version : Help me love love love Silver Springs, Maryland

kep
02-17-2006, 02:47 AM
We've finally decided on a city and found a nice place to live. Now I need the scoup on meeting other mamas in town. I really, really wanted to join MOMS Club, but when I searched their website, I couldn't seem to find any chapters close by. (I'm probably just overlooking it, but maybe someone could help me out? :) )

I am really needing a playgroup to join, or some way to hook up with some girlfriends. We are going to be leaving all of our family and friends behind when we move. We're really excited about it, and looking at the move as an adventure and the next phase of our lives, but I'm still a little nervous about not knowing anyone IRL over there.

Also, I know that this is a looong shot, but would someone mind posting or PMing me any recommendations on Silver Spring pediatritions, dentists, etc? I'm not even sure where to start looking, and I refuse to pick blindly out of the phone book. The reach of BBB mamas is so wide spread, I was hoping the someone out there might have some of the info I was looking for. Thanks! :)

Kelli
Mama to Luke

cca
02-17-2006, 03:57 AM
I love silver spring, MD !! I grew up around the area and went to university in college park. I don't have any good momma reccomendations... mostly because I didn't start that part of my life til moving all the way across the country ... But if you need a great pizza joint or coffee place let me know :)

fredsmom
02-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Check out www.dcurbanmom.com Lots of info about the DC area! Where in Silver Spring are you moving to?

Welcome to Maryland,
Kathleen