PDA

View Full Version : splotchy palms when hands are swollen?

octmom
02-17-2006, 01:53 PM
When I was pregnant with DS, I retained lots of fluid and my hands and feet were very swollen. I couldn't wear my rings for the last several months of the pregnancy and by the end, I could only wear one pair of shoes that was larger than usual and slipped on. I've made it much further this time, but I am afraid the swelling may be starting. :( My hads and feet feel puffy today and my rings and shoes feel tight. I've taken both off for now, but sitting at my desk isn't helping. The palms of my hands also look really spoltchy. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm having trouble remembering if the red splotchiness accompanied the swelling last time.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD is scheduled to arrive via c/s on March 21! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

elliput
02-17-2006, 04:37 PM
I remember noticing my palms were really splotching the last few weeks of pregnancy. I was also swollen up pretty good as I had pre-e.

octmom
02-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Thanks for your reply. I think I'm just a bit swollen today and I hope that it is not here to stay for the next few weeks.

Sorry you had to deal with pre-e. Not fun, I'm sure. I think I am just prone to fluid retention sometimes, but I have an OB appointment on Tuesday and will have my BP and urine checked then.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD is scheduled to arrive via c/s on March 21! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."