PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to repair linoleum?

jasabo
02-18-2006, 11:53 AM
DS just threw the scale onto the floor in the bathroom and it gouged out an inch long scratch in the floor. It's the middle of the floor so it's really noticable. 3 weeks left till our new house is finished and we get to move in, and this happens. Figures. (We're building a new house and are in a rental till the new one is finished).

Anyway, does anyone happen to know of any magical linoleum repair methods or kits?

Lisa - mom to 2 1/2 yr old twin boys

bostonsmama
02-18-2006, 03:12 PM
I know there are vinyl flooring repair kits, but I don't know how noticeable or unnoticeable it will look when you're done. THe pictures look nice...but I've never used them myself. I have patched linoleum before, though. You just get a remnant (check the attic or contact the manufacturer if the floors aren't too old) and cut out a square along pattern lines with an exacto knife. Use a putty knife to rip up square, cut new square to size and use an all purpose floor adhesive ($1.50 for a tube or tub at Home Depot) and relay the new square, adding lots of pressure and wiping any remaining glue. It won't last forever, but neither will the putty patch.

Here's a link, regardless:
http://www.shop.com/op/~Vinyl_Floor_Repair_Kit-prod-9639282

Good luck. Hopefully this will save you forfeit of a deposit for the rental you're at.

Larissa

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.
~Elizabeth Stone