PDA

View Full Version : Moving from a crib to a toddler bed

KrisM
02-18-2006, 04:45 PM
We are starting to move DS out of his crib. We have 2 reasons - first the crib's height rating is to 35 inches and he's about 34.5 right now. Second, he jumps in his crib and we have been unable to make him stop. A couple times he comes down on his chin on the side rail and it hurts. I'm afraid he'll bite his tounge or really hurt himself. I'm also afraid he'll launch himself right over the rail! He gets about 8 inches off the mattress in mid jump.

So, we have a toddler bed. I bought a new mattress for it (will use for the new baby anyway). I let him pick out new sheets and a blanket set. We figured we'd put together the bed today and do stories in it for a couple of nights and then see if he wants to sleep in it. Well he absolutely hates the site of it! He keeps telling us to put it away. He wants the bedding off and the mattress off.

I'm not sure he hates the bed, or just liked being able to play between the slats as we assembled it. Also, he wants to keep screwing the bolts in. Such fun.

Any tips on getting him to like the new bed? Should we have bought a twin instead?

Judegirl
02-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Hi, Kris. We've not been down this road yet, but my friend's dd is the same age, and they just got a mattress and put it on the floor. She loves it and sleeps well in it. Maybe you could start with that and see if you have better luck?

Hope you guys are well,
Jude