PDA

View Full Version : Lost mucous plug at beginning of 26 weeks

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
02-19-2006, 07:23 PM
With my first child ( born at 36 weeks) I did not notice any loss of plug. However today I noticed in the toliet paper a big clear glob that did not look like anything I have seen before. I am sorry if I am grossing anyone out, I am a little anxious. Do I need to call the doctor? If this was the plug does it mean I will be having a really premature baby? Please help.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 ETA 05-22-06

JTsMom
02-19-2006, 07:36 PM
nak

i think it usually has blood in it- i don't think it would be clear. i could be wrong though.

also, i think it can be weeks after you do lose it before you go into labor.

gross warning.....

i had so much "stuff" flowing out of me during my pregnancy, it was crazy. as long as it was clear, i wouldn't stress, but if you're worried, it never hurts to call. that's why ob's make the big bucks! ;)

ethansmom
02-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Call your doctor. It may be nothing, but the stress of worrying about it won't be good for you.

Keep us updated!

spanannie
02-19-2006, 08:10 PM
If it was the mucous plug, it can regenerate. I lost mine a couple of times, and had DS at 40w exactly. I'd still call your doc for piece of mind, but I would think you are ok. I, personally, had lots of thick clear globs (sorry about the gross factor) during both pregnancies; I think that is just a part of the deal.

starrynight
02-19-2006, 08:27 PM
If there was no blood or pink and it was thick like that it's just a lot of mucus but not your plug. If you are worried I would still call though.

If it makes you feel better at all I had it like that almost daily with my 3rd pregnancy from about 23 weeks on. I had a lot of bh and she was really low so it might have been from that. Doc said it was normal in a 2nd, 3rd etc. pregnancy to have a bit more mucus.

TaChapm
02-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Personal question but have you recently had intercourse? I freaked out thinking that I had lost my mucus plug early in pregnancy but it was about 3 days after intercourse. My OB said it is pretty common to have a mucus discharge that can even have some blood in it after intercourse.

I would go ahead an call just for peace of mind.

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
Tyler William 6-9-05
OMG!!! Baby #3 Due September 5, 2006!

http://b4.lilypie.com/gzWfm8.png

http://b1.lilypie.com/kLMem8.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/UEZ3m8.png

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
02-20-2006, 06:08 AM
You guys can always calm me down! I have an appointment with the high risk doc on Friday and it sounds like this can keep until then. Its funny, with all the information available on the net if you are worried/concerned anout something you can find 1000 sources to support your fear and really whip yourself ito a frenzy. It is so nice to have a community of level headed great woman to consult. Thank you so much.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 ETA 05-22-06

CiderLogan
02-20-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm glad you feel a little calmer now, although I also wanted to add that we are due around the same time, and I've been noticing increased discharge lately too. But I've had a lot more mucusy discharge in general this time around - although it definitely comes and goes over time. So definitely discuss it with your doctor and let us know, but I wanted to let you know I've been noticing more mucus lately too.

Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another GIRL due 5/29/06!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
02-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks Ciderlogan, actually my due date is 5-29 too! I just never changed my tag line. How are you feeling? I have gained 20 lbs and it is really taking the toll on my back, not to mention a 15 month old to tote run after.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 ETA 05-22-06