PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorie meal in a box (or can)?

stella
02-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Tonight I served my family Pepperidge Farm Chicken POt Pies with the herb crust. They are delicious!

I always rely on Annie's mac-n-cheese, or in a pinch, Kraft and canned green beans for the children. If I have really planned ahead, I will have a rotisserie chicken on hand.

Stouffer's Lasagne is an old standby, but I would love some more ideas!

Please help a busy mama out!!

lizamann
02-19-2006, 08:40 PM
My family wouldn't eat it, but I love, love, love Amy's frozen enchilada meals occasionally for lunch. Yummy!

And dd lived on Amy's 3 bean and pasta soup for lunch for a long time.

stella
02-19-2006, 09:35 PM
My two preschoolers sometimes split a can of "chunky" beef and vegetable soup. Soup is a great staple! I don't think out stores carry the Amy's soups, but I will definitely look!

redhookmom
02-19-2006, 10:16 PM
We have soup from a box or can often for lunch.

brittone2
02-19-2006, 10:22 PM
My not-so-into eating 2 year old has always liked canned lentil soup. He likes Amy's or Progresso :)

Trader Joe's Pad Thai from a box (have to add some stuff to it) is something we do from time to time

kelly ann
02-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Bagel Bites :) I can't believe I still love these things...I now have DS hooked on them.

Every so often, I will get a box of frozen periogis, pan fry them and serve with sour cream.

stella
02-19-2006, 10:47 PM
would you believe that I don't even know what a pierogie is??

lynettefrancois
02-19-2006, 11:18 PM
>would you believe that I don't even know what a pierogie
>is??

Hee, hee! I didn't know either until college- my roomate ate them and now we always have some on hand too. They are like mashed potato filled pasta shells. You can do a lot with them.

We love the frozen California Pizza Kitchen Crispy Thin Crust- especially the Margherita and White Pizza varieties. We'll pop one in the oven and do the 90 second microwave Uncle Ben's in a bag rice. It's perfect for the 3 of us, and DD even likes it (wow!). A little expensive for a big family, I guess, but it is better pizza than most restaurants serve fresh. :) We also love the Bertolli meals in a bag. There's one with a few fresh green beans and they are still crunchy and fresh tasting! I can't remember the variety, I just look for the one with linguine and beans. :) We haven't been disappointed with the Bertollis yet, haven't tried them all. Again, it's just enough for the 3 of us. HTH some!

Fairy
02-20-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm a big fan of Hormel's Kidz Meals. There are no partially hydrogenated crap in them, but I'm sure there's probably other crap in them. However, these are a staple a few times a week for us. DS especially likes the beans & weiners, noodle rings & chicken, noodle rings & weiners, and sometimes the ravioli. He won't go near mac & cheese, but I sure love it.

kelly ann
02-20-2006, 11:00 AM
I like those Bertolli bags also, but we have only tried the chicken parmigiana one (they sell a 2-pack at Costco). I will have to look for the one with green beans.

aliceinwonderland
02-20-2006, 11:07 AM
We have approx. 2 "easy" meals a week, since we do not generally eat out:

--Frozen Pizza from Trader Joe's (DH gets the chicken BBQ, I the organic veggie, I know it tastes better than the random local pizza takeout, and it's far cheaper too)
--Their chicken stir-fry thing in a bag is pretty decent too.
--We also use their frozen meatballs in pasta, etc.

trumansmom
02-20-2006, 01:10 PM
I LOVE periogis & sour cream! No one else in my family will eat them, so I get them all for myself. :)

I think I need to go to the store now...

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

muskiesusan
02-20-2006, 02:04 PM
yum, periogis. I eat mine with cheddar cheese melted on top. I think I just found dinner for tonight!

I love frozen cheese ravoli. Throw some in a dish with some sauce and put it in the oven, EASY. If I am feeling ambitious, I might shred some mozeralla cheese and melt it on top.

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

heatherlynn
02-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I like the chicken stir fry, too, but the biggest hit around our house is the frozen Orange Chicken in a bag. Add the organic rice (comes in a box w/ 3 packs in the frozen section) and steam some veggies, and there you go! Everyone eats it here (except for DD#2 obviously!).

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

bunnisa
02-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Here in TX we can buy Michelangelo's frozen Italian meals (NOT Michelinas!). They're really good! All natural ingredients, no preservatives or colors. They sell eggplant parmesan, chicken parmesan, veggie & meat lasagne, chicken alfredo and rotini with sausage and peppers.

I buy them for DH to take to work in a pinch, but I have eaten them myself and they're surprisingly good.

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres