PDA

View Full Version : Anyone loves their stovetop tea kettle?

marit
02-20-2006, 11:48 AM
I want to buy a stove top tea kettle (currently I have an electric one that I hate). I am eyeing a Le Creuset one. My question is, which material heats the fastest? I think the cast iron is good at heat retention but I am not sure it heats fast?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

aliceinwonderland
02-20-2006, 11:51 AM
I just bought a glass one that i am loving.

Only problem is that it does not whistle. But becasue I'm in the kitchen doing other stuff while waiting for it, this has not been a problem so far.

nd93
02-20-2006, 12:06 PM
I have had a le creuset one for about 10 years now and it's been great. Heats up quickly, still looks great, comes in cute colors. You should call an outlet - I think they will ship. I also have a round trivet in a matching color so I set mine on the counter when it's not in use.

TonFirst
02-20-2006, 12:08 PM
I have a Le Crueset one that I love, and I highly recommend looking for them at Marshall's / TJ Maxx - you can find them there for a steal.

newnana
02-20-2006, 01:50 PM
I have a Revere ware one that I love. It was my grandmother's, but I know they are still available as my mom just bought one. It's copper on the bottom. I don't know anything about heating dynamics, though. It whistles and seems fast enough to me...

bunnisa
02-20-2006, 02:41 PM
We have a nice heavyweight one we bought at Costco. IMO, it's comparable to a lot of the higher-end kettles (like Chantal), and it was only about $20. They often stock them.

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres

tiapam
02-20-2006, 04:12 PM
I like my Le Creuset one. I think it heats up pretty fast, but I don't usually fill it all the way.

-Pam

DD - One year old!

pixelprincess
02-20-2006, 06:18 PM
I love mine! It's from Crate and Barrel...a while back as I don't see it on the site now. It is a modern design...a steel one with a wooden handle and a funky lid with a blue ball. Heats up in a jiffy.

cmdunn1972
02-20-2006, 06:29 PM
I have a Modelco glass whistling tea kettle that Larissa recommended. It costs only $8 or so from BB&B and works great!

Elena
02-20-2006, 06:34 PM
I've heard a common complain about the Le Creuset kettle that it rusts. Glad to hear that other posters had a positive experience with it. I was thinking about getting the Le Creuset kettle too.