PDA

View Full Version : Another, umm...secretion question (sorry if TMI)

torontomom
02-20-2006, 12:57 PM
deleted...

Lovingliv
02-20-2006, 01:09 PM
I had a ton of discharge all through my pregnancy! It was yucky but normal as long as it didn't have a strong odor, my OB said. HTH

Fairy
02-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Everybody's different, and ya just never know, so if you're really worried about it, call the doctor and have yourself checked. I was paranoid the whole time, and I had lots and lots of discharge. At one point I was convinced that I had PROM (a leak), and the peace of mind in having myself checked did me a world of good.

If it smells strange or has an unhealthy color, call the doc.

CiderLogan
02-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Another response to say it sounds normal - I've read in my pregnancy books that increased secretions are normal while pregnant. Also, I found I really noticed it a lot at the beginning because I was so used to checking for EWCM while TTC! So that could be part of it too. But if it puts your mind at ease, call your OB and see if they are concerned.

Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another GIRL due 5/29/06!

mommyoftwo
02-20-2006, 03:02 PM
It's totally normal. Not everyone has it, but those of us who do, watch out! By the way, mine stunk like crazy with both pregnancies but was completely normal. I constantly had to wear pantyliners or my underwear ended up wet. We had to change the garbage regularly because the stench was so awful. Sorry if TMI. My best friend had the exact same problem and her husband complained about the smell too. My husband was nice enough to take care of it on a regular basis for me. :) I wouldn't worry about it, but if you are just ask your ob about it at your next appt. I had a high risk pregnancy and was at the doctor every week or every two weeks starting at 5 wks so if it had been a problem, I'm sure it would have been mentioned.

torontomom
02-21-2006, 08:51 AM
deleted...