PDA

View Full Version : WWYD?

jamsmu
02-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Doing laundry, I found the credit card statement in DH's pocket. While checking for a few refunds (good thing, because one online retailer charged me twice, rather than credited!!!) I noticed that DH purchased tickets for a trip -- for each of us. It says where we're going, but doesn't say when.

Would you tell DH or would you let him surprise you?

mommyoftwo
02-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Let him surprise you. I'm sure he put and lot of time and energy into planning a big surprise and would be disappointed to have the surprise ruined. My husband loves to plan big surprises for me but is terrible at actually being able to keep a secret. He doesn't intentionally let on, but he's just not very good at covering his tracks. I can usually tell when he is up to something and have to try really hard not to find out. When I do, I keep it to myself and let him have the joy of "surprising" me. That's my .02

SpaceGal
02-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Definitely let him surprise you. I managed to accidently uncover a few of DH's surprises in the past and I wish I hadn't but I never asked him about it. I just let him surprise me when he was ready. Let the destination be a surprise.

brittone2
02-20-2006, 10:47 PM
ITA...let him surprise you. If he gets to have fun "surprising" you he might be more inclined to do it again, which would be nice :)

Enjoy!!

stella
02-20-2006, 11:36 PM
You mustn't tell him! That would ruin all his sweet, hard work!
What a doll!! Although, you could certainly snoop a little more now!

SweetTooth
02-21-2006, 12:29 AM
Julie,
How sweet of your DH! I agree with PPs; I wouldn't tell him. What a great surprise.

amp
02-21-2006, 01:48 AM
Awww, what a sweetie! Let him surprise you! And enjoy your trip!

Didn't you just miss a trip due to sick kids? You deserve a vacation!

Roleysmom
02-21-2006, 09:29 AM
What an incredibly sweet surprise! I wouldn't tell him. Near my 30th birthday, I was checking pockets while doing wash just like you and I found a piece of paper with an address, phone number, dollar amount and the words "Chesapeake litter born September." It was a good thing I was alone, I was so excited, I wouldn't have been able to contain myself. Nine years later, I have never told him (or anyone else until now) that I knew I was getting a puppy before he surprised me by capturing me at work and driving 2 hours to check out the litter. I only wish I could have kept the piece of paper.

Keep the surprise and have a fantastic trip!!!!

Paula
Mom to Roley Julia, January '02

ribbit1019
02-21-2006, 11:06 AM
I would not say anything and let him surprise me. I've ruined too many surprises that DH has plannned and now he doesn't even try. :(

You have quite a catch there Julie!

Christy
Maddy born 6/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png

Little Man due 3/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/fdihm5/.png
Co-Owner Ribbit Baby

Frogs are lucky, they eat what bugs them.

Marisa6826
02-21-2006, 11:30 AM
I probably would keep my mouth shut, although I *really* don't like surprises.

I do the finances, so it's not like J would be able to easily pull something off, anyway.

I didn't realise that specifics like destinations, travelers' names, etc. are listed on CC statements. Pretty nifty.

-m

BarbieSmith
02-21-2006, 11:39 AM
I don't really have any advice, but I want to say that you have an *awesome* hubby! Cherish him, he sounds great!
Barbie

aliceinwonderland
02-21-2006, 12:19 PM
LOL, we have the same thing going here, in that 1. I hate surprises, and 2. He makes the money while I supervise the spending :)

I think it's cool you at least know the location, Julie, I would be itching to know. But I wonder why it lists your names and destination, but no date! That's kind of frustrating (at least for this particular control freak).
And I have ruined many a surprise in my day :) Now he knows not to try :)

phirey
02-21-2006, 10:18 PM
I dunno, I'd be careful if you do say something. Is the destination clearly vacation or could it be a business trip?

I got burned last Christmas when I I saw an email and came to the conclusion DH was buying me a really nice stethoscope -- I had mentionned several times I wanted one. Turns out the ICU unit he works on was all going in on it for thier manager who was leaving to go to Nurse Anesthesia school, and he was in charge of buying it. I was so pissed off when it wasn't under the tree, I had to ask -- and then DH was pissed for my "snooping."