PDA

View Full Version : How do you mark clothing

updacountry
02-21-2006, 03:01 PM
I just started my daughter in daycare and everything must be labeled. Just wondering if anyone knows of a simple way to label things without ruining the garments. I need to write here whole name since her initials are BS (yeah, we spent a lot of time picking a name that wouldn't get picked on but forgot about initials, lol)

Right now I'm putting waterproof first aid tape written with a permanent marker. I would like to do something that I could remove if I wanted but wouldn't come off in the wash. Does anyone know if iron on name labels can be taken off at some time?

Thanks for the help!

kristine_elen
02-21-2006, 03:12 PM
I had some labels personalized (at some online place) and then ironed them on. They are removable if you iron them off.

I ordered ones that have Jack and Sasha's name on them and then just cut them in half, or used in entirety. I used their first and last names. "Jack XXX or Sahsa XXX" (some items I'm sure she will end up wearing, such as his scarf, etc.)

Jen841
02-21-2006, 04:42 PM
I used the good old Rub A Dub for everything and only did our last name in hopes of using it again for another child... and we are! Evan's things are labeled and ready!

Just labeled maternity clothing, happy to share, but a pain to label all of it!

mmaimp
02-21-2006, 09:19 PM
I ordered labels from Stuck On You Labels for my nephew and my sister loves them.

They iron on and I think you can iron them off when your done. June (junieblee) is a rep and I'm sure she will answer an questions you have.

This is the website: https://www.stuckonyou.biz/usa/index.html

I plan on getting some when my DS goes to preschool next fall.

HTH,

alkagift
02-21-2006, 11:38 PM
I researched labels all over the place and ultimately just went to the fabric store. There, they have in the notions section a roll of iron-on tape and a permanent pen. I considered sewing it on so I could remove it just as you have thought.

Ultimately, though, I ended up doing this to only one set of clothes. DS has yet to ruin anything enough to require more than the substitute set of clothes, so I have not felt the need to use the labels more. I'm glad I didn't buy any personalized ones, I would have wasted the money.

The only thing I've put DS's name on permanently is his jackets. They're LLBean and they have a label sewn in anyway, so I just filled in the blanks.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, who is TWO!