PDA

View Full Version : 1st birthday party`

megs4413
02-22-2006, 11:30 AM
My DD's birthday is coming up and I am looking for advice about throwing her first birthday party...what cool ideas have you seen? what is fun? what isn't? good place for picture invitations?? any advice would be appreciated...i want it to be great, but I don't know how to do it! TIA!

chlobo
02-22-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't have any suggestions since we had a boring family party but I wanted to suggest that you do a search for "1st birthday" or something like that. This topic comes up a lot and you'll probably be ablet o find some great suggestions.

kelly ann
02-22-2006, 02:34 PM
I like this website for ideas:

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/index.html

karolyp
02-23-2006, 08:09 AM
We just celebrated my DD's 1st at a local park. It was really nice to have it there so I didn't have to deal with the mess and they had a really nice playground too. DH has a huge family with a bunch of kids of all ages, so I also rented a bounce house. That was a HUGE hit with everyone, even the adults too!!! And as far as food went, I just had sub trays, chips, veggies, and cake. I didn't have activites scheduled for the party, so everyone just mingled, ate, and played at the playground/bounce house. All in all, I thought it went really well. Also, Alpana (pixelprincess) created my bday invite as well, which came out beautiful. If you do a search, you can see it as well as other work she has done.

HTH and good luck!!!

denna
02-24-2006, 08:18 AM
I have a quick suggestion. BUBBLES!! I know that all of the 1 year olds that I worked w/ (previously at daycare) and my family members have loved BUBBLES. I always thought it would be great to get a bubble machine and have lots of bubbles and get some of those clear plastic balloons and put confetti and stuffed animals in them. Make it look like they are floating in bubbles. And then maybe just a bunch of clear blastic helium/oxygen filled balloons. Well whatever you decide good luck and have fun. Oh, I also saw a posting earlier I can't remember the name (still a newbie) :) it was here in baby lounge the person was wanting suggestions on the invite. It was an adorable photo invitation great quality. You could ask where they had it made. HTH!!!

<3Denna

jacksmom0902
02-24-2006, 09:29 AM
I did a bubbles, balls and balloons party for my first son and it was adorable. The nice thing was that his birthday is in September so we could have the party outside, which was great with all the bubbles, balls and balloons! I'm saving that idea for my second son's 2 year party. It's a really cute idea but was a little too much for my first son who was a little overwhelmed with all the family and such. I've seen some cute ideas in the Martha Stewart magazines for color-theme and initial parties. We're basically doing a color-theme party for my DS who will be 1 in March. Birthday party planning is fun and I'm sure you'll get lots of great ideas here.