PDA

View Full Version : Washing playdoh out of clothes

ett
02-22-2006, 01:30 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. DS got playdoh on some of his clothes this morning. Can I throw the clothes in the wash with the rest of my laundry, or do I need to get rid of the playdoh first? Will the playdoh get stuck to the other clothes? Thanks!

lynettefrancois
02-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Anybody? I'm about to let DD play with playdoh for the first time! Would like to know if I dress her in already ruined clothes, or if it comes out. Do I need to be sure it goes nowhere near carpet? thanks!

Oregonmother
02-22-2006, 04:40 PM
The brand name is all we use, but it has always come out in the wash fine for me. Just throw it all in. It comes out of the carpet too with water, or let it dry and you can pick it out.

ETA: I'm not saying to put it in if there is a ton caked on, but if there is a little here and there rubbed into my DS clothing I have never had a problem. Also we we're at playgroup at a friends house (seven 2 1/2 y.o.) and they we're playing with playdough, which got all ground in the carpet and the playgroup host mother just got it out with water and a rag.

starrynight
02-22-2006, 08:56 PM
I have done both, take it off first and not and when I didn't take it off first it stuck and melted to the clothing and it stained. I would take as much off as possible before you wash it.

jk3
02-22-2006, 09:37 PM
I agree. Try to get it off before putting it in the washing machine.

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

ett
02-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I tried to pick as much playdoh as I had patience for off DS's clothes and then I threw them in the wash on cold/cold setting. Fortunately, everything came off fine. I think next time instead of sitting on the floor to play with it, we'll sit at a table so he doesn't end up sitting on the playdoh!

TraciG
03-04-2006, 01:52 PM
or not really a question ? So when you wash the clothes you have to wash it in cold water so that means that whole load needs to be washed in cold, not thrilled about that , I live in a building & the laundry is all the way in the basement so I wouldn't wash one shirt at a time, stinks for me !

psophia17
03-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Adding a playdough caked shirt or two to a load of handwash only delicates strikes me as a good idea. Unless you're one of the lucky ones with no handwash only stuff - good planning, that.

MarisaSF
03-05-2006, 10:09 AM
I wash all of my clothes in cold. Better for the environment -- saves energy. Also saves colors from fading. My clothes still get plenty clean. Try it.