PDA

View Full Version : My birth announcements customer service HEROINE!

KCR4
02-22-2006, 02:14 PM
The saga of my birth announcements quest is rather long and I won't go into all the back-and-forth silliness I've encountered with the vendor that sells and prints the cards I want online....(and yes, I just posted in CyberBaby too).

This is the announcement I found AND LOVED - here is the manufacturer's photo of it (not where I ordered it from) http://www.jpshermans.com/ittobigbrimb.html

I just loved loved loved this card. The boys have the same hair color as our two, and it just really summed up our bringing our third son into the world....later this year. OK, I even ordered these cards WAY in advance of my due date because I like them so much! (They said they'd hold them for me til July.)

So to my great disappointment, the vendor calls to say "Sorry, we can only fill half your order - out of stock - no more coming in, pick another card for the other half" (what???)

Online, I tracked down the card's manufacturer; they totally had plenty more of those cards - and the wonderful owner Judy worked with my stubborn vendor to get a small amount sent over so my vendor could complete my order! She actually put a fair amount of effort into this, and I'm not even her customer.

After all this, she finally says that she just launched her own printing & announcements retail website. So here it is, because "I owe her one." www.Card-Site.com If I hadn't already paid in full to the other vendor, I'd switch my business to her. Oh well. And my poor DH is so tired of hearing about this....he is just relieved it's all worked out. So am I, of course, now we have to see how well it all works out with the printing and delivery process in July....

Karen
DS #1 7/01
DS #2 10/03
DS #3 7/06