PDA

View Full Version : Need activities for birthday party goers

first_baby_for_me
02-22-2006, 04:41 PM
DD will be turning one in a little more than a week and we're doing a crash-and-burn on the plans. One area in which we have a major dilemma is activities because of the ages of the kids. The theme of the party is butterflies and we limited the invites to immediate family and closest friends with kids (26 total kids and adults).

We will have eight kids under six years old with the breakdown of: One baby is 10 months old, five kids are between 1 and 2, and two kids are 4 to 6 years. All the kids are girls except the 10 month old boy.

Fortunately, my mother is a muscially-inclined retired kindergarten teacher so I've signed her up for a short sing-along on the grass. We also have a fold-out playhouse that we just bought at Target (so cute BTW!).

I'm not too worried about 4-6 year olds (they're cousins who have been to our house a number of times). Any suggestions on what else can I do with the ones & twos? Seems to me they're too young for organized arts & crafts so what should we do?

Help!

Wife_and_mommy
02-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Well, ones and twos aren't really into structured activities so you can just let them play on their own. They'll probably love the playhouse and a bubble time might be fun too.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

m448
02-22-2006, 11:55 PM
One of the children's magazines had a great idea for those mix age parties. Lots of dollar store plastic stuff like rackets/balls, velcro/ball thingies, and the like all grouped in buckets by item. That way kids could pick them up and play at will without having to have an adult lead them.

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

SpaceGal
02-23-2006, 12:11 AM
At my son's one year party we had lots of babies mostly toddlers the oldest being 4 years old. We played a version of pin the tail on the donkey. The oldest child wore a blindfold...the younger ones just had to get the sticker to stick on the donkey if you know what I mean. It was fun for the kids and the parents. We also made the grown ups do it and we gave out prizes for the adult and child that gets closest.

C99
02-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Let them just play. That's about all you can expect from that age.