PDA

View Full Version : OT: Whirlpool Duet Washer and Dryer Don't Match??

jhmom
02-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Hi- I am hoping someone has some insight on this. We just had a Whirlpool Duet front load washer and dryer delivered on Sunday. It's the white with dove grey color. After a couple hours, my DH and I both remarked, ïs it just me, or is the washer a different color than the dryer?"
The ring around the washer appears more of a bronze/brown tone and the dryer ring is more of a true grey tone. Does anyone have a Duet than can compare this to? Have anyone heard of a matching problem? The man at Lowe's said he had heard of there being a matching issue, but the customer service line for Whirlpool acted like I was insane when I called.
Any insight? THANKS!!

Kerri
Very excited about new washer/dryer but now confused....

Jo..
02-23-2006, 06:47 AM
I have both the Whirpool Duet washer & dryer, also in white with the dove gray trim: mine match perfectly. We bought ours over a year ago though, they probably have new models and dye lots or something :D.

I would freak out and insist that they be replaced if mine didn't match, that's the kind of thing that would drive me more and more crazy every day.

DebbieJ
02-23-2006, 09:59 AM
The squeaky wheel gets the grease...

Complain until you get it replaced.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

jhmom
02-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the advice... I am glad I am not the only one who it would drive crazy!! We are working with Lowes/Whirlpool to try to get it resolved. If anyone else has either a matching or non-matching pair I would love to hear more. Thanks!!