PDA

View Full Version : 18 Month WBV --- another vaccination question

chiqanita
02-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Hello ladies
My DSx2 will be having their 18 month well baby check up and vaccines very soon. We're up for the Chicken Pox vaccine since we didn't get it at the 15 month appt. Has anyone recently had the vacc? Can anyone shed some light on this vaccine? I know it's relatively new. I was just wondering what the side affects (if any) are? Similar to the other vaccs?

Our district does require the CP vacc prior to entry into the public school system. This kind of makes me wonder if I should hold off until we're school aged or just get it over with now.

TIA ;)

Marisa6826
02-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Do an advanced search and you will find tons of references to the vaccinations.

-m

JBaxter
02-24-2006, 07:39 AM
My older 2 son's had the vaccine when it first was available ( I think they were 4 & 7 ish) They both came down with full blown chickenpox about 3yrs after the shot ( not the lessened case that was suggested it would cause). With Nathan I did some research and we have decided to delay that particular vaccine until he is closer to school age. This was just our family's choice Good luck in your research.

jennifer_r
02-24-2006, 08:06 AM
We just had our 18 month check up yesterday. We actually declined it at their suggestion because it is a live vaccine and we didn't want to risk her younger sister (age, 3.5 mo.) getting it. I imagine every state is different, but they told me that it is mandatory before they enter daycare or preschool and kindergarten.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

ribbit1019
02-24-2006, 10:07 AM
We've decided to delay that vaccine as well. It is mandatory in our state for school so it is likely that she will get it prior to enrollment.

Christy
Maddy born 6/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png

Little Man due 3/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/fdihm5/.png
Co-Owner Ribbit Baby

Frogs are lucky, they eat what bugs them.