PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have/look at the Cadillac SRX (vs. the Volvo XC90)?

mattysmom
02-24-2006, 07:29 AM
Or just your opinons on either?

Even though we got lots of support for considering the minivan from folks here, we are back looking at SUVs. DH just doesn't want to drive one. I know there are some great advantages to the van, but I too am happy with an SUV.

I was curious what people know about the SRX? I did a search here but found nothing about it! I know there are a bunch of XC90 owners here - I'd also love to hear why you love/don't love this car!

Thanks so much!

Marisa6826
02-24-2006, 09:16 AM
We have a 2005 XC90. I absolutely love this car. The only thing I wish was different was a little more storage up front - for sunglasses, change, etc. It also has a bit of a learning curve regarding blind spots. But once you know where they are, you can work around it.

By and large, it's been one of the best cars I've ever owned. It doesn't drive like a 'truck', is pretty easy to part, it's not hard to get in and out of (I'm 5'1" and can do it even in a skirt). It can fit three car seats across the second row, and has a really large cargo area. I have the one with the 3rd row seat, but have yet to use it.

The gas milage isn't bad at all. About 18mpg on average. It takes roughly $30-35 to fill it (using 'plus' grade gasoline). I especially like that I can turn on/off the 4WD option with just a button (without stopping the car).

If you do a search, you will find TONS of information about the XC90.

-m

BillK
02-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Don't know a lot about either - but if history repeats itself - the Cadillac will most likely have HORRENDOUS resale value. Not sure if that's something you'd be concerned about or not - guess it depends on whether you plan to drive the vehicle into the dirt or not. :)

Personally - I'd probably opt for the Volvo over the Caddy from a reliability/build quality standpoint.

kellyotn
02-24-2006, 10:27 AM
www.edmunds.com has a good forum section where you can probably find info on them both.

Offhand, I'd really agree with Bill re: checking into resale value on the Caddy. If you are buying new, I think I'd avoid it.

Between the two, I think the Volvo would be a clear winner on reliability and resale. (I also just like them for looks, etc.) :)

BillK
02-24-2006, 10:55 AM
The Volvo is ever so slightly higher rated by the NHTSA for the driver frontal crash rating than the Caddy (rated the same elsewhere). http://www.safercar.gov/

mattysmom
02-24-2006, 01:06 PM
If we got the Caddy we'd do a lease -

The SRX has won Best Luxury SUV for 3 years from Motor Trend... has a good V8 engine, etc.

We like the idea that it's narrower, yet there's actually more room in the 2nd row!