PDA

View Full Version : WARNING - SENSITIVE SUBJECT Downer: my biggest fear

egfmba
02-24-2006, 12:12 PM
This is my biggest fear. DS is PDDNOS, on the autism spectrum. I am constantly worrying about his speech for just this reason:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/24/missing.boy/index.html

I feel so bad for that child's mother. I feel even worse for that child, who probably couldn't understand what was happening and, even worse, couldn't cry out for help.

Sorry, but I just got so down when I read this article.

eva

*Edited by Mod to add Warning to thread title*

crl
02-24-2006, 12:16 PM
How horrible. And so hard when the situation is something you really fear for your own child. Your child is lucky to have a mother who loves him so.

egfmba
02-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks so much for your kind words. I was really in tears when I read this article. You are so lovely!

eva

LaurelC
02-24-2006, 09:04 PM
That poor little boy. I cried after I read the link. I am sure it was even harder for you to read that than it was for me.

Hugs to you, mama.

Mamma2004
02-24-2006, 10:18 PM
I am in tears after reading the CNN article and just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. I can't even wrap my mind around this tragedy and I imagine that it hits even closer to home for you.
My heart breaks for both that mother and her child.

Just hug that little boy of yours and try to focus on today!

Best,

Stephanie

starrynight
02-25-2006, 12:15 AM
My son is also on the spectrum so stuff like this freaks me out. He trusts everyone and doesn't understand things so well, he would never think someone would hurt him so he would have gone in that van too. That poor family :(