PDA

View Full Version : Another VBAC Question: Has anyone had a VBAC after 2+ C-Sections??

annasmom
02-26-2006, 06:35 PM
This is really just curiousity speaking, and I guess I also want to explore all possible options. More than likely based on my birth history no doctor would ever let me try a VBAC. I am just curious as to whether anyone has had a VBAC after 2 c-sections, and whether there are doctors out there that are open to this as an option. TIA!

daniele_ut
02-26-2006, 07:48 PM
I have had 2 c-sections now, and after my second my doc told me that he wouldn't recommend a VBA2C. I'm kind of sad, but I really trust my doctor, and he was super supportive of my VBAC attempt with DS. When he wasn't able to attempt a version because I went into PTL and my fluid level dropped, he was almost as disappointed as I that I'd have to have another c/s.

I know there are women who have done it, but since the ACOG guidelines no longer recommend VBA2C, my doc prefers not to do it. If you are really interested, though, I'd pursue it. It can't hurt to try to at least find a willing doc!