PDA

View Full Version : Visa Gift Cards?

rasputinkitty
02-26-2006, 10:52 PM
What exactly are these?I heard they were gift cards that could be used like gift cards? Where can I find these?

julieakc
02-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Basically they are credit cards with a pre-set limit (whatever the giver/purchaser buys). They work just like a "normal" mastercard or visa and are accepted anywhere those are, including online.

I have received and used two of them and loved it. I think you can get them at major bank branches..the one MIL gave me for Christmas was from Wells Fargo. I think you can also buy them directly from mastercard.com..yep, here's the link:
http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/aboutourcards/gift_prepaid/index.html

HTH,

caheinz
02-27-2006, 12:00 AM
The downside is that you actually have to pay something above and beyond the dollar amount for the flexibility...

cmdunn1972
02-27-2006, 12:26 AM
It depends on how you buy them. DH "purchased" two gift cards by exchanging points from his credit card. (We would have used the credit card anyway, so getting the gift cards this way was almost like getting free money.) I don't believe those cards were reloadable, however, they were able to replace one gift card that we ordered that got lost. Bottom line is, check the terms of the gift card you select because every program is slightly different as far as terms of service.