PDA

View Full Version : Back to Work

saschalicks
02-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Ladies,
Today is my first day back at work and I am just a mess. 12 weeks is a long time to be away from a job and I feel like it's my first day at a new job. I'm lucky I work with such great people, but I miss my little guy. Things have changed dramatically here at work and I'm just waitin' for the other shoe to drop. I just needed to share with a supportive group. Thanks.

ETA: to make more sense

JacksMommy
02-27-2006, 03:04 PM
I hear you, sister! Hugs to you - the first week back is the worst, but it definitely gets better.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

LBW
02-27-2006, 03:12 PM
It gets better, but it's never the same again! Good luck!

thomma
02-27-2006, 04:37 PM
I remember how tough it was to go back to work and my kids were 15 months old...it must be really hard with an infant. I hope each day gets easier for you.

thinking of you-
Kim
t&e 5/03

sidmand
02-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Sorry you're having a tough time. I know just going on a long vacation from work used to seem like everything had changed and I can't imagine 12 weeks. And to go along with that, missing your son. I hope things feel better for you soon.

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

Piglet
02-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Just comiserating... today is my first day back at work too. I was lucky enough to have a year off, so I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be to go back after only 12 weeks. On the other hand, I really have no memory of what my job is all about, LOL. I am just waiting for someone around here to have a tantrum, booboo, accident, etc. - that seems to be my area of expertise these days, not the computer work I am expected to do!

hez
02-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Huge hugs to you!!! The first day, week, month... back can be hard. Be good to yourself during this time-- I know it's not easy!!!