PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever...

hez
02-27-2006, 07:20 PM
...let someone (who may or may not have deserved it) have it with both barrels? And then not feel the least bit guilty about it? This is a rare occurrence for me-- it was awesome! :)

I just tore the service guy at our dealer a new one. Basically, they made me drive down a stupid coupon tonight for a lousy 40 bucks off to prove we had the coupon, when we will have spent $1500 there over the last month for service. There was more behind it than that, of course, but that was the straw. It was kinda fun to watch all the other service people scatter when I started yelling :) So, we won't be spending another penny there for service OR to buy that new minivan we'll be getting this spring. Stinks for them!

Ah... it felt so good. The stress has been building for other reasons, and that poor man did NOT know what he was getting into by making me drive my toddler down there in his jammies! I'm *almost* sad that I ruined his evening, but not really }( 'cause they made enough money on us this month!

Marisa6826
02-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Oh yeah. I've let loose and fired doctors from my hospital bed.

Quite liberating, huh? ;)

-m

mudder17
02-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Hee, hee, you go girl! I can't believe they made you go down there! Geez!

Sometimes you just gotta let it all out! I hope you feel better. :)

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_-6_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

kellyotn
02-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Yup. AOL. They SOOOOOO deserved it (part of their never-ending inability to cease charging credit cards for closed accounts scam), but at least 25% of it was just because I was cranky about something unrelated and yelling at them was a joy.

lizamann
02-27-2006, 08:38 PM
I've done it exactly once, and it felt great, to a poor unsuspecting hotel clerk who wouldn't let me in our room without DH because I had a different last name. "So if I had taken his name you would let me in? You mean to tell me that you DISCRIMINATE against women who don't change their names to their husband's?!?" That word "discriminate" is what did it I think, and I got my way. Ah, a fine memory.

Enjoy the moment!

jesseandgrace
02-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Twice that I can think of, but I'm sure dh could remind me of some more, LOL. Once when I was waiting to go into a nice restaraunt and the manager came out and yelled at a homeless person on the sidewalk to move along. I gave him a piece of my mind about not owning the sidewalk. The second time was in a car dealership. There was a man trying to ask questions, and english wasn't his first language. The guy behind the desk was beyond rude to him, and actually made fun of him. It was just disgusting, I let him have it loudly and made sure everyone heard, and I asked for a manager to continue my rant. I can't stand that kind of thing.

trumansmom
02-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Yup. I did that one as well. Grrrr.... Stupid AOL people....

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

BaileyBea
02-27-2006, 11:33 PM
When I was pregnant last time.... I was just taking no crap.

I got a ticket for turning right on red, but the sign was hidden by a tree branch and not entirely my fault. As I was getting the ticket in a local restaurant parking lot where I was going for lunch a man stopped the cop to ask him why i got my ticket and then proceeded to yell at me for turning right on red. The cop then had a hey day yelling at me after this man yelled at me. I was about 13 weeks along and in near tears. I walked into the restaurant and let that guy have it. I told him "You need to mind your own business and that the cop gave me a much harder time because of you. I am 13 weeks pregant and I am very hungry. You were so rude to me and I hope someday someone does something as terrible to you as you just did to me. A am a very good citizen who never gets tickets, gives to the community, volunteers, and just plain cares. I did not deserve your opinion or behavior."

The restaurant patrons and staff clapped for me after I finished and the guy paid for my lunch.

psophia17
02-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Oh yeah - when I lived in NYC I volunteered one day helping to paint in a school, and I ended up with paint all over my behind. As I was taking the subway home, I was going up the stairs and these two Italian guys started cat-calling wanting to know what the stains on my bum were from. I had a wonderful time laying into them about how their mothers would feel knowing how her son was such a pig, and then ripped into them about how they would feel if if two jack-offs spoke to their sister the way they spoke to me. I still feel good about that experience :)

tarahsolazy
02-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Yep.

kijip
02-28-2006, 12:55 AM
I can think of more than a few times. SUPRISE! I have a bit of a tongue on me. Two that came to mind:

-Right after I left J I requested duplicate W2s from 2003 and 2004 and an early 2005 one from the employer I was laid off from in November. The 2005 one was my right to have and the duplicate ones should have been no problem. Well, the totally moronic HR/Acct Coor who had been at the organization for about a year did not know what I was asking for (even thought I showed her EXACTLY what it was) and I get in the mail a printout with figures that were supposed to be my annual salaries for 2003 and 2004 with nothing for 2005. The figures were way wrong as the 2004 one was for like $8000 less than my salary and the 2003 one was for MORE than my salary. I called the nutcase to ask her for them and when she said that it was not her job and that it was done wrong before she got there, I calmly stated "You work for the agency in this role now and it is your job to furnish this information reagardless of what may or may not have been done by your predecessor". At which point she flew off the handle and snapped "don't take that you are having a hard time in your life out on me". Needless to say she got a stern earful. Polite but forceful. Something like "Look, I gave this organization 150% for almost 3 years and lost my job due to no fault of my own as the organization was hemmoraging funds. The least you can do for me is to get me a few duplicate forms that will help me out with housing, scholarships and tax refunds when I am leaving a DV situation". She then called me belligerant and I told her that she was too sensitive to discern belligerent. Just because I disagree, does not make me belligerent! I emailed her boss and I had the forms by the end of business. What a beeyotch she was. Her incompetance was crazy anc contributed to the agency's decline--especially since she said it was done wrong in the past for 2004 and SHE prepared them for 2004! After THAT she had the GALL to email me and ask if I wanted a job back at the agency. Um, no. I don't fully expect that the agency will even EXIST in 12 months.

-Another time I told Js Dad off when he was being his usually jerky self. Told him that if he wanted to whine about losing his family he needed to make some effort to be a family. That Js effort was tapped out and if he thought he could continue to abuse him, he was wrong. I basically told him that being a reclusive drunk (used nicer words) that refused to attend his son's wedding or his grandson's birthday or eat dinner with us when we brought it to him with the TV off, then he was SOL when it came to ever having a relationship with the son he grossly abused.

hez
02-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Your stories are making me smile over here :) Thank you!

I'm still smiling today at my 'victory' over the 'evil' service guy. It was SUCH a release of all that stress!

I'm very impressed with how well we all seem to be standing up for ourselves :)

pb&j
02-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Yes, twice. Both were at my old job as an airline captain, directed at rampers (aka ground personnel). FWIW, I married a ramper and deeply respect what they do, and except for these instances, I never, ever raised my voice to them or to any fellow airline professional.

The first, the ramper who was marshalling us into a parking spot nearly ran us into a tug (a tractor-y thing used for pushing airplanes and pulling bag carts). We have very strict rules about coming to a stop within 10 feet of an object, Since there are certain blind spots from the cockpit, we depend on the marshallers to be our eyes, and abide by those rules. Pilots' careers can be lost over a ground damage incident, so it's incredibly serious. Anyway, I couldn't see the tug, and didn't even know it was there until I did my postflight walkaround and found it about 18 inches from the aircraft. Then I found the guy and reamed him, and gave him a lecture about the 10 foot rule that I swear to you he will never forget.

The second, it was a horrible, snowy day, and it was about 9pm and I hadn't had lunch yet. The whole day was a circus of deicing and weather delays, and gates were all mixed up. When we pulled into the gate, the ramper came onboard and said, "Hey, Baby, where are you all going next?" I told him, in no uncertain terms, that he could call me Captain, or he could call me Ma'am, but that Baby was entirely unacceptable. I guarantee he never called a pilot Baby ever again.

What's truly funny is that these are giant, burly, strong men, and I'm this teeny-tiny 5'2" woman, and when I got done, these guys were scared to come across me in a dark alley.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32244.gif
http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img] ([img)

aliceinwonderland
02-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Have I ever!!

I have regretted it exactly once. I'm evil, what can I say.

Moneypenny
02-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Yes, to the owner of a large local furniture chain. But I didn't yell. I stayed smiling and pleasant and professional the whole time. The owner was so dumb he didn't realize what I was saying, but all his staff did and they started laughing. It was wonderful!

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]