PDA

View Full Version : i'm never watching "the bachelor" again

cca
02-28-2006, 01:55 AM
and except for the first season when it was a novelty, I haven't watched it till NOW...
for some reason i really got sucked in.... mostly coz of Moana. I'm so upset that he didn't pick her. My dh is laughing at me coz I truthfully never get this worked up about reality television. For some reason I just really identified with Moana's character, and how she slowly came out of her shell. okay that is the end of my mini rant.

SheriRae
02-28-2006, 08:06 AM
hehehehehe! : ) My dh thinks I'm nuts for watching too!

I'm not so disappointed in his choice, but I would have liked to see more of a connection and chemistry in whoever his choice was.

I haven't kept up with the other "Bachelor" shows but I must admit that I was hooked on this one. (I'm embarrassed to admit that!)

It will be interesting to see what Moana has to say now.

I am with you.....I think I'll give that show a rest.

kboyle
02-28-2006, 10:08 AM
i didn't get into the bachelor till they came out with trista in the bachelorette. i normally only watch when it gets down to the last 3 and they go to the girl's parents houses. i just can't get into the begining stages. i was pretty pi$$ed about his decision too. i felt bad, it took her soo long to finally open up and then what she wanted to avoid happened...she got $crewed! maybe she'll end up with her own show :)

jesseandgrace
02-28-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm wondering why they didn't do all of those commercials for the 'after the final rose' special'? Did I miss something? Usually they are all over that, but this time nothing. Maybe they've already broken up. He didn't seem to have any sexual chemistry with the one he picked, but maybe he was just being polite. I thought Moana was pretty cool too, but she'll be fine.

spanannie
02-28-2006, 01:49 PM
I am actually glad he picked Sarah--and not because I didn't like Moana, but because I think Sarah is better for him. I think Moana would have ended up hurting him. I think if they encountered any problems down the road, she would shut down emotionally and push him away--or throw him out/run away. She has so much pain, that I don't know how easy she'd be to be in a relationship with.

Just my 2 cents.

jesseandgrace
02-28-2006, 04:32 PM
I agree, Moana would have dumped him, he was a little boring even though he seemed nice. She was definitely not boring.

jamsmu
02-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Really? I'm so glad he picked Sarah. I fell asleep and missed the last 45 minutes, so maybe I missed something. But Moana was a mess with his parents. And he didn't look to pleased. If you can't express why you like someone, what connection you have, etc... than there's something missing. I really think she was a basketcase ready to explode.

I liked Sarah, and I liked their relationship. If you're planning to spend the rest of your life with someone, a friendship is so important. I think he found that with Sarah, not with Moana. Of course, they need romance, too, but during the last 2 epis, they seemed to find they had that, too. I just think they made a more natural couple.

Of course, I'm sure it'll be in the gossipy mags soon is they don't last.

mama2galpals
02-28-2006, 06:46 PM
ita! did you notice that every time moana talked about why she was happy with him she talked about HERSELF and how he made her feel instead of his qualities. she wasn't for him imho. i liked sarah. i think they are really good together. i've noticed that sometimes the bachelor is edited to not show more of a chemistry with the one who is chosen so maybe we just didn't see as much of sarah's chemistry with him.

rita
mommy to
olivia '97
stella '00
emma '03

the truth may hurt your feelings, but lies will break your heart.

http://lilypie.com/baby3/030123/3/4/1/+10/.png

jesseandgrace
02-28-2006, 08:06 PM
I do think he made the right choice for him as well.

SummerBaby
03-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Big surprise! Why I even bother with this show is beyond me!

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/64548.htm

Val
Mom to Madeline
7/28/04

jesseandgrace
03-03-2006, 04:13 PM
There doesn't seem to be any other reason for ABC to not be milking this with that after the final rose thing. It does make the show seem even more pathetic if they can't even make it a few months.