PDA

View Full Version : Those crazy toddlers

s_gosney
02-28-2006, 10:33 AM
It's time to share again. I know it hasn't been too long, but dd has been cracking me up lateley! Please share yours too as I'm sure we could all use a laugh!

Yesterday afternoon while swinging on the swing, she waves to the dog in the next yard and says, "Hi, doggy. This is my friend mommy. She's pushing me on the swing. I'm swinging! You come over here and watch me swing."

I'm pretty sure that's the most I've heard her string a conversation together on her own, and it was with a dog! Lol...

On a sadder note, she's been breaking my heart with her pretend play lately. Every time I turn around, she's saying "This choo choo's sad. His mommy went to work and he's sad." =( Now that will make you want to quit your job...

so, share away! I love hearing what everyone's kiddos are doing/saying. And for those of you whose babes aren't talking yet, you're certainly free to share whatever your dc's been up to lately as well.

Aunt to sweet baby boy
02-28-2006, 11:20 AM
That is sooo sweet. Avi also loves to talk to my dog.....

I have a dog named tucker and avi says it like rucker with his mouth puckered out, it is so cute. He comes in the house and starts to say tucker over and over, so he goes to the dog says hi and walks away. A minute later he comes back, says hi again and walks away. This continues for ~5 minutes. When we give avi something to eat about 1/2 the time he will take the handful of food or the food that was in his mouth and throw it on the floor for the dog! Really bad with banana LOL! On sunday he kept on putting his thumb into his mouth and laying his head on the dog, eventually tucker did not like this so avi would be about to lay down and tucker would walk away! Avi had to then bring himself up again LOL!

I tried to take pictures but our camera is broken.... we must get a new one asap

Ilana

http://lilypie.com/pic/060218/pBEG.jpg[/img]http://b2.lilypie.com/wepom8/.png[/url]

ribbit1019
02-28-2006, 11:25 AM
So sweet, and sad. :(

We were out to eat with my parents and three little girls (probably about 8-9ish) and their moms sat at the table in front of us. Each girl had a neon colored large gorilla (probably just came from Arcade of some kind) The stuffed gorillas were so huge they each had their own seat and they each had a matching smaller dog too.
So DD starts signing and saying "monkey" and "dog" and is trying to escape from our booth so she can get to them. One of the little girls leaves and then comes back a few minutes later with a little Pluto for DD. She was soooo excited she exclaimed "PAHPPY!" and signed Thank you to the little girl (first time unprompted to a stranger) and started kissing him. Pluto has not been far from her since, she even asked for him last night before she went to bed ("Pahppy?"). I think we might have a lovey to contend with now.

Christy
Maddy born 6/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png

Little Man due 3/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/fdihm5/.png
Co-Owner Ribbit Baby

Frogs are lucky, they eat what bugs them.

smallestangel
02-28-2006, 01:12 PM
DH loves to do those Su Doku puzzles, and has a little Su Doku for Dummies book. Jacob loves to be read to while sitting on the potty and lately he's been asking for "Soduuccu" when I ask what book he'd like me to read. I couldn't figure out what he meant until DH held up that book and asked him if that's what he wanted. Jacob nodded, and for the last four days we've been reading So Doku puzzle-solving strategy to him as he goes potty.

Then last night he was playing with some of his stuffed animals when all of a sudden he starts crying (atleast I thought he really was). I rush over and ask him what's wrong. He shows me his hand, which is stuck in his stuffed Elmo's mouth and says "Elmo bite!" "OOWWW!" Then he started laughing AND pointing at me. He laughed so hard he started rolling on the ground. That kid kept looking at me like "Gotcha sucker!"

He is something else! :)

Amanda

jbowman
02-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Last night DH, Ellie, Alice, and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. There is a lot of construction going on in our neighborhood, and Ellie loves to pick up rocks. Ellie saw a relatively big rock (for her) and picked it up with both hands. She then walked across the street and threw the rock into a pile of similar looking rocks. She turned to DH and said, "I put the rock with its family." We were LOL at that! :)

janeybwild
02-28-2006, 02:14 PM
These toddlers do say the cutest things. Megan has enthusiastically picked up on the idea that small toys cannot be left lying around now that we have an almost crawler on hand in the form of her little sis. Last week she picked up a small toy and said "I'll putt this in my butt, no one will get it there". We did a double take until we realized she had put it in the back of her waistband for safe keeping :)

s_gosney
02-28-2006, 02:54 PM
OMG! That is hysterical! Where do they come up with these things?

s_gosney
02-28-2006, 02:56 PM
How cute! It's funny that she's into families, because kylee is right now too. The other day Kylee put all of her trains in one corner of the table and held one in her hand and said "this one's sad. His family is far away." She then pushed it over by the others and said "he's happy now!" I guess they're really coming to understand not only independence but the interdependence and many of family. How sweet. :)

Rachels
02-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Yesterday was one of my favorite kidspeak days ever. I was reading Abigail an animal magazine, and she referred to a rhinocerus as a "dinorowis" and to an ostrich as an "ostracize." She also had one point at which I snuggled her and told her I loved her, and she responded with a very serious, "I love you more than anybody can."

:)
-Rachel
Mama to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

and Ethan James
10/19/05
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/bf.jpg

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya

kozachka
02-28-2006, 03:14 PM
DS said few funny things lately. Pointing at the orange's butt and looking at me for the name. I say "popa", which is Russian for butt. DS happily repeats "popa" and than points to the opposite side of the orange and says "pipi".

This one is almost a month old but special. The day that I knew DS was done nursing was when he pointed at my breast and said "No coffee". First I was puzzled, I said "you mean no milk?" but he was pretty adamant about coffee. Than it made sense. DS really wants to drink coffee like his daddy so we've been giving him warm milk and calling it coffee.

On the sadder note, whenever DH is not home DS says he is "in the office" even when I try telling him that daddy is seeing a doctor.

lisaE
02-28-2006, 03:22 PM
These are all so cute!

Connor and I were watching "Max and Ruby" a couple of days ago and M & R went to buy a present for their Grandma. We had seen the episode a couple of times and I was prompting him. I said, "What are Max and Ruby going to buy for Grandma Bunny?" and Connor said, "a present." Then I said "What kind of present?" and he said, "A Blues Clues present!"

Now THAT is a kid that watches too much t.v.!

JacksMommy
02-28-2006, 04:40 PM
I love reading these stories!

Jack adores bread and was told he could not have more bread until he finished his soup. I come back to the table and totally bust him eating DH's bread. I say "Jack, are you eating Daddy's bread?" and he says "No, I'm just making it smaller for him so it can fit in his mouth." It was hard not to laugh...

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

dotgirl
02-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Riley has noticed that DH and I call each other (as well as him and DD) "honey", so now he calls us that. Saturday morning, I heard him calling to DH, "Want go downstairs, honey. Come on daddy! Come on, honey!"

Rachels
02-28-2006, 05:28 PM
I love that!!! Abby does that, too. She recently said to my DH that something was "not for grownups, honey. I'm sorry, sweetie."

-Rachel
Mama to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

and Ethan James
10/19/05
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/bf.jpg

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya

dotgirl
02-28-2006, 07:41 PM
It's really adorable when they do little "people" things like that.

wagner36
02-28-2006, 08:37 PM
That is so sweet!

This morning I got a "I love you too, now go get me more milk." Not quite as heartwarming, LOL.

aa2mama
02-28-2006, 09:04 PM
I'm loving everyone's stories. They are so sweet!

DS has been patting my backside lately and announcing, "Big bum." Just as I was starting to develop a complex about the size of my butt then I saw him get up from using his potty and proudly pat his own bottom. He congratulated himself saying, "Big bum."

nicoleandjackson
02-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Jackson doesn't count as a toddler anymore (!!!) but this conversation made me have to go put my head down:

<Scene opens with Mommy smothering Jackson with kisses>
Jackson (squirming and shoving Mommy off of him): Mommy! Quit it!
Mommy: What's the matter?
Jackson: No more kisses! I hate them!
Mommy: But Jackson, I have to kiss you!
Jackson: No you don't!
Mommy: I do! It's my job! My most important Mommy job!
Jackson (thoughtfully): Well, then I'll make you Door Holder instead.

(Mamas of DC's in daycare with classroom "jobs" will appreciate the story more than others :))

Nicole
Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

Who's the Biggest Boy? It's Jackson!
http://lilypie.com/baby4/020430/1/2/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

jennifer_r
02-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Everyone's got such great stories. Here's one that me and DH laugh about - a few weeks ago we were all hanging out, DD1 did a "poopy" and DH smelling it, said, "Who's stinky?". DD1 went straight up to me, sniffed me and nodded. DH found it very funny that "I" was the one she sniffed and not him. Now whenever we say who's stinky, she goes up to one of us (or her younger sister) and sniffs us.

BTW, I am generally as a rule "not stinky".

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/img][/url]

sbjf
02-28-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't have the energy to write anything but I thought this pic might be fun for this thread.

I caught them raiding the fridge the other day. Now we call him...eggroll. :-)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32400.jpg

MarisaSF
02-28-2006, 11:47 PM
We have been teaching Jazzy about our rules recently. There are certain things that she is not allowed to do (put Mama's cell phone in her mouth, for example). Now, when she thinks about doing something against the rules (like she will put my cell phone up near her face), she will shake her finger at me and say, "No" with a very stern face. :D

Oh my gosh, everyone's stories are so darn cute.

trumansmom
03-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Awww... That's way sweeter than mine. DS' favorite line these days is, "I don't love you. Cry." Of course, he says it with a huge grin on his face, but still!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

Jen841
03-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Jude pretends to hold a coffee cup and drink as he drives his Cozy Coup!

He is also obsessed with his "Sally" shoes.... Saddle Shoes. Did you know they look great with sweats?

He has been cracking us up lately, and I am spacing on his works of art.

Sleep deprivation!

s_gosney
03-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Jeanne, my dd is really into saying "you cry!" too. She'll put her baby on the sit and spin and do it nice and slow for a little while and then spin it really fast and make her fly off then tell me "you cry!" She'll look at me for a few seconds and then she'll hug and kiss her baby and I'm supposed to stop crying.

proggoddess
03-01-2006, 10:21 AM
We invited some friends over for dinner on Sunday. They have a 3 yr old and a 4 month old. Erin (their toddler) is larger, very affectionate and hands-on. Gillian (ours) is smaller, lighter, and likes her space. They weren't getting along very well, as usual.

After dessert, we excused both of the girls from the dinner table and they went into the living room. A few minutes later, all we could hear is continuous giggling! We wondered what could be going on since they hadn't been interested in the toys the whole evening. DH poked his head in and reported to us: "Erin is tickling Gillian, and Gillian as asking for more!"

Ah, there is hope that they will be able to play peacefully! :)

Then again, DD was so wound up, she didn't go to sleep until 11pm that night. Ugh! We've taken away her nap this week. 8pm bedtime! Ahhh.

Lauraford
03-01-2006, 11:40 AM
I was putting Paige to bed (after reading her some books) last week and asked her, "Are you momma's snuggle puppy?" She very seriously looked at me and replied, "NO, I momma's SWEETIE, doncha remember?"

Now it's a running game "Are you momma's honey?" "NO! I SWEETIE!" "Are you momma's cutie pie?" "Noooo, I a sweetie!"

Last night I asked her if she was sweetie --who am I?
She thought it over and replied, "you dada's Laura honey"

s_gosney
03-01-2006, 12:15 PM
how sweet! I especially like the last part! Kylee frequently tells me "No me honey, me kylee!" And she has decided that my name is Sarah. I even tried to tell her "my name is Sherri or mommy, but you can call me mommy." But she insists "huh-uh. you sarah." One time I responded "whatever" and she promptly said "whatever mommy, whatever". :)

TraciG
03-01-2006, 12:29 PM
How cute, wow she is saying sentences !

octmom
03-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Two things:

1. This morning, I was standing beside DS while he was having breakfast. He pulled my t-shirt up a little, touched my belly and said, "Baby Sister," as he sometimes does. Then he grabbed my very pregnant protruding belly button and said, "NOSE!" I think he believes that his baby sister is the big fat belly and nothing more. I was really tempted to draw a face on my belly for him, but I had an u/s this morning and I thought it might freak out the doctor. :P

2. Last night, I went to dinner with six mom friends. Five of us are pregnant and three of us are having babies (including a set of twins) in the next few weeks. We were quite a sight at the tapas restaurant! DH was taking care of DS and DH reported that they watched the cowbell skit on DH's Best of Will Ferrell DVD. DS *loves* this skit and asks for cow music. DH reported that after several viewings, DS was using a hairbrush to bang on a cowbell that my mom had with New Year's Eve noisemakers, holding it high over his head so that his chubby white belly hung out like Will Ferrell’s does in the video. Ah, the wonderful things DH is teaching him when I am not around. ;)

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD is scheduled to arrive via c/s on March 21! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

saschalicks
03-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Sherri,
Yours was so cute!

OK here's mine: I dropped the boys off at day care this morning and the provider said she had to show me something. So we went into the playroom where the kids stuff and cribs are. She said yesterday Jonah took the activity table (she pointed out which one) and pushed it up against Eli's crib. He then climbed on top of the table and tried to get to Eli. I asked her why he did tha? She said b/c Eli was crying. I just wanted to hug my little boy. He may only be 20 months, but he already loves his brother. :)

Ceepa
03-01-2006, 01:35 PM
DH and I LOVE that skit! We crack up every time. So the idea of a toddler acting it out is hysterical.

Once DH was asking DS what colors our eyes were. And then he threw DS a curve ball, "What color is Daddy's nose?"

"Brown."

I giggled like crazy.

katerinasmom
03-01-2006, 01:46 PM
My DD is half Greek (my side) and half Puerto Rican (my husband's side). My MIL watches her during the day and speaks both English and Spanish to her. My parents and I try to speak a little Greek to her as well. And she is quickly learning to call the same object in multiple languages - Greek, English and Spanish.

The other day she wanted eggs for breakfast and proceeded to ask for eggs from my MIL by gently calling "Abuela - eggs. Abuela - eggs." and then a little louder "Abuela - eggs." When my MIL did not respond - she shouted at the top of her lungs "ABUELA - JUEVOS!" with a look on her face that said "in case you didn't understand me the first time". Despite her small size, she can be a bit of a dictator - albeit an adorable dictator. :)