PDA

View Full Version : FlyLady vs. Motivated Moms? Which is better?

olwalker
02-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Has anyone ever heard of or "done" FlyLady or Motivated Moms? If so, can someone please help me decide which is the better tool to use? I don't really relish the idea of getting 20 e-mails a day from FlyLady, but I also think you have to pay for Motivated Moms... I'm not sure how much. No time to look it up this second. Anyway, can someone please make a recommendation? Thanks!

bunnisa
02-28-2006, 03:14 PM
I could not stand the insane number of emails from Flylady and unsubscribed immediately. But I've used a lot of the ideas, and they've really helped. I do NOT wear shoes in the house, though (I'm such a rebel!).

I think you can get most of the pertinent info from the website and skip the emails.

I don't know about Motivated Moms, sorry!

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://bd.lilypie.com/bS4om6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres

olwalker
02-28-2006, 04:40 PM
LOL! :) I will not wear shoes in our house either. Easier to keep the carpet clean that way! Thanks!

JacksMommy
02-28-2006, 04:47 PM
I liked flylady a lot but the number of e-mails was crazy. What worked for me was to send certain ones straight to my deleted items so they didn't clutter up my inbox, Outlook and some other e-mail programs allow you to do this. It's easy because so many of the e-mails I wanted to delete have the same title so I just created a host of rules to delete e-mails saying "Put on your shoes!" and "5-minute boogie" (can't quite remember the exact titles, but you get my point). That way I could just get the reminders I wanted.

I noticed at one point that there is a yahoo group styled as flylady for working moms, which has e-mails more tailored towards that crowd - and probably fewer of them as well. I never tried it but that would be another option.

Haven't heard of motivated moms - sounds intriguing but I wouldn't be willing to pay for something like that unless it was my last option.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

olwalker
03-02-2006, 03:17 PM
OK, for those that are interested, the website is:

motivatedmoms.com

I looked into it, and the charge is only $7 a YEAR. I think I am going to go ahead and check it out. I'm so scared of the flylady because of all the e-mails. I HATE e-mails unless they are from my friends! :)

I just wish they had a digital version that would download into my Outlook program instead of me having to print it out. Does anyone know of such a program?

Thanks!

Lynnie
03-02-2006, 03:57 PM
one thing that helps with the e-mails is to only get a digest once or so a day. then, you can scroll through and read the ones you want.

or not, which is unfortunately what i do.