PDA

View Full Version : VOIP providers: Anyone use SunRocket?

asha
02-28-2006, 05:42 PM
I know a lot of people here use and like Vonage. I was wondering if anyone has used SunRocket. They are offering all the features that Vonage does. The price is about 17$ if you sign an annual plan(can cancel anytime). FOr a month to month plan, the price is same as Vonage (24.99).

If you are using some other VOIP provider and like your service, I would love to hear about that as well.

TIA,

kimbe
02-28-2006, 07:11 PM
We have had Sun Rocket for five months now and we love it. The quality is just as good as our land line was.

-They are cheaper (we did the annual.)
-You can get all your money back no matter when you cancel...that was a Huge selling point for us.
-Better perks. We got free Uniden phones. Sometimes they do $9.99 a month if you do annual and I have seen first 3 months free.
-They don't advertise. They are word of mouth and don't spend all their money on a commercial ever 5 seconds (or for a booth in Circuit City.)

I highly recommend it! You really have nothing to loose.

PM me if you need anymore information!

HTH

asha
02-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks Kim,
Turns out my co-worker here uses Sunrocket too. She too is a big fan now. I think I will switch and try them out. I am really tired of my SBC service. Every 3-4 months, my regular phone stops working. We have to disconnect for a few days and then things are fine again. I am paying a lot more too.
Hopefully VOIP works better for me.

kimbe
02-28-2006, 07:31 PM
I hope that it works better for you too. We had Verizon and our phone would occasionally go out too. It would take a few days for them to fix it. We just got fed up. We were paying $20 a month JUST to have a phone. We were getting ripped off. Hopefully the quality and value of the VOIPs will make the land liners offer better and cheaper service! (Oh, we didn't get a second number because they didn't offer one in the area we needed it...bummer.)

FWIW, we kept our land line as well as the VOIP for about a month (to make sure that we liked it.) After we decided that we liked it for sure, we told Sun Rocket that we would like to switch our land line number to our VOIP. Once they took care of it, they called Verizon and canceled and then we got a final bill in the mail. It was SO nice not to have to call to cancel!

Good luck. I hope that it works out for you!

cleo27
02-28-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm glad you all posted this thread. I have been wanting to try Sunrocket, and I think you have given me the courage I needed. It sounds like such an awesome deal and the free phones make it even sweeter (I'm a sucker for freebies!! :) )

Thanks!