PDA

View Full Version : Turkey recipe?

Babywhite
02-28-2006, 06:29 PM
After reading several posts a while back, I have been planning my weekly dinners in advance. It is working great -- (Thanks to the person who brought it up. :))

Anyway, I was sharing our "upcoming" meals with my DH. He informed me that he didn't especially like the turkey entree that I cooked the last time. Since I have already purchased two turkey cutlets, I've got to figure something new out. :)

Anyone have any ideas? :)

TIA

R.W.

wencit
02-28-2006, 07:03 PM
This is the recipe I make every year with our turkey leftovers. DH likes it so much I have to make sure to buy a bird that's big enough to ensure I have meat left over!

TURKEY TETRAZZINI

10 ounces mushrooms, sliced thin (about 4 cups)
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
10 ounces spaghetti
3 cups coarsely chopped cooked turkey
1 cup cooked peas
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/3 cup fine fresh bread crumbs

In a large heavy saucepan cook the mushrooms in 1/4 cup of the butter over moderate heat, stirring, until most of the liquid they give off has evaporated. Stir in the flour, and cook the mixture over low heat for 3 minutes. Add in a stream the milk, the broth, and the wine, bring the mixture to a boil, and simmer the sauce for 5 minutes. In a kettle of boiling salted water cook the spaghetti until it is al dente and drain it well.

In a large bowl combine well the spaghetti, the mushroom sauce, the turkey, the peas, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 1/3 cup of the Parmesan, and transfer the mixture to a buttered shallow 3-quart casserole. In a small bowl combine well the remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan, the bread crumbs, and salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle the mixture evenly over the Tetrazzini, and dot the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, cut into bits. The Tetrazzini may be prepared up to this point 1 month in advance and kept frozen, covered. Bake the Tetrazzini in the middle of a preheated 375°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until it is bubbling and the top is golden.

Serves 4 to 6.
From Gourmet Nov 1990

jennifer_r
02-28-2006, 10:35 PM
oooh, you beat me to recommending turkey tetrazinni also!

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/img][/url]

daisymommy
02-28-2006, 10:54 PM
How about just cooking the cutlets, chopping them up, and using them in turkey noodle soup? (exactly the same thing as chicken noodle soup). Or, turkey pot-pie?