PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Weekend wedding - planning for newborn + toddler?

KBecks
03-06-2006, 09:08 PM
We got a save the date card today for a Labor Day weekend wedding for one of DH's friends from college. His group from college is pretty tight.

DS#2 is due mid-July. I'm trying to think through which options might be best.

Ideally, I might be able to swing grandparent babysitting for both for the whole weekend -- that would be nice -- although DS#2 will only be 1.5ish months?

Otherwise, I have a very good girlfriend who might be willing to babysit the day of the wedding, (assuming I book with her super early and she hasn't fantastic weekend plans.) She lives in the city where the wedding will be held, and I could swing some time during the weekend to have a nice visit with her. But dropping a toddler and a newborn on a good single friend? She loves kids, she loves me, but I don't want to overdo it.

Third option is for me to stay home with the babes and have DH do the wedding by himself. Not a fun weekend for me alone, but probably do-able.

Fourth option is we both skip it.

Fifth option is we all travel up for the weekend with the kids, I make some plans with my girlfriend for a little downtime, DH attends the wedding + reception alone, but we still have family time on the days before and after the wedding.

The travel would be about 5ish hours by car.

Any suggestions? Anyone accomplished a similar event schedule?

Thanks much,
KBecks

P.S. I'm adding this to the list of reasons why we might need a minivan this summer.