View Full Version : Dana Reeve (Christopher Reeve's widow) died last night

Marisa6826
03-07-2006, 09:46 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060307/ts_nm/reeve_dc

Godspeed Dana.

-m

Sarah1
03-07-2006, 09:57 AM
That is so sad. She was really the picture of dignity. I can't imagine going through all that she did.

s_gosney
03-07-2006, 10:19 AM
I was so sad to hear this news this morning. I can't imagine the pain her son must be experiencing.

mik8
03-07-2006, 10:52 AM
I was really surprised to hear the news. She's an exemplary model of great strength and courage. Sad news.

g-mama
03-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Oh, this is so sad. I really admired her and felt for her. Their poor son. At least she is with her beloved husband now.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

g-mama
03-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Oh, this is so sad. I really admired her and felt for her. Their poor son. At least she is with her beloved husband now.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

brittone2
03-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm so sad about this too. It happened sooo fast. I feel so sad for their son.

My aunt passed away just about 2 years ago from lung cancer. She was the picture of health beforehand...she was thin, fit, full of energy...ate well, worked out regularly, etc. She never smoked (other than a tad in college many many years before). She had a little cough for a few weeks she assumed was allergies. Eventually she went to the doc and it was stage 4 lung cancer, and it had already spread to her brain, spine, etc. There was basically no warning.

It makes me scared for my dad and the rest of my family :( Dana's diagnosis and passing just hit so close to home today.

brittone2
03-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm so sad about this too. It happened sooo fast. I feel so sad for their son.

My aunt passed away just about 2 years ago from lung cancer. She was the picture of health beforehand...she was thin, fit, full of energy...ate well, worked out regularly, etc. She never smoked (other than a tad in college many many years before). She had a little cough for a few weeks she assumed was allergies. Eventually she went to the doc and it was stage 4 lung cancer, and it had already spread to her brain, spine, etc. There was basically no warning.

It makes me scared for my dad and the rest of my family :( Dana's diagnosis and passing just hit so close to home today.

jhrabosk
03-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Thanks for posting this...I don't turn on the TV much these days, so I had no idea.

Dana was the first celebrity I ever worked with. I was a 21-year-old college student, interning at a summer theatre festival where she was performing, and I worked as her dresser for a few weeks. She was the kindest, most gracious person.

This also hits home for me...we still have some smoking in the workplace problems in my office and you bet I'm going to add this to my case for eradication.

jhrabosk
03-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Thanks for posting this...I don't turn on the TV much these days, so I had no idea.

Dana was the first celebrity I ever worked with. I was a 21-year-old college student, interning at a summer theatre festival where she was performing, and I worked as her dresser for a few weeks. She was the kindest, most gracious person.

This also hits home for me...we still have some smoking in the workplace problems in my office and you bet I'm going to add this to my case for eradication.

TraciG
03-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Very sad !

TraciG
03-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Very sad !

bjiang
03-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I usually just come here to read and rarely post. I am very saddened by the news. My mother (a non-smoker) died from lung cancer (Adenocarcinoma, same type of lung cancer Dana Reeve had) last August, 8 months after her diagnose. She was also stage 4 at the time of diagnose. Another close friend of hers also was recently diagnosed of the same disease. The number of non-smoking women getting lung cancer has risen sharply in recent years. The number of women who die from lung cancer each year is more than breast cancer, ovarian cancer and cervical cancer combined. However the $$ spent on lung cancer research is much much less than the other cancers because most people still think it is a largely a smoker's disease.

bjiang
03-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I usually just come here to read and rarely post. I am very saddened by the news. My mother (a non-smoker) died from lung cancer (Adenocarcinoma, same type of lung cancer Dana Reeve had) last August, 8 months after her diagnose. She was also stage 4 at the time of diagnose. Another close friend of hers also was recently diagnosed of the same disease. The number of non-smoking women getting lung cancer has risen sharply in recent years. The number of women who die from lung cancer each year is more than breast cancer, ovarian cancer and cervical cancer combined. However the $$ spent on lung cancer research is much much less than the other cancers because most people still think it is a largely a smoker's disease.

maestramommy
03-07-2006, 04:15 PM
I just read about this morning, and I'm so sad. It seems like it happened very fast. God be with her son.

maestramommy
03-07-2006, 04:15 PM
I just read about this morning, and I'm so sad. It seems like it happened very fast. God be with her son.

jayali
03-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I couldn't believe it when I heard. A friend of mine works at Sloane and I knew she was not doing well, but it still came as a shock. I remember seeing an interview with her and her son shortly after her husband died. He seemed so poised and mature for his age. That poor boy, how much tragedy he has had to endure in his early years. My heart goes out to that whole family.

Lung cancer is such an ugly disease. By the time it gets diagnosed, especially the type she had, it is usually Stage 4. It is amazing to me that they are still treating it the same way they were years ago. How can there be no break-through treatments for this ugly disease? The Chemo and it's side effects are just as horrible as the disease itself. I hope that in the years to come research finds some better treatments.

jayali
03-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I couldn't believe it when I heard. A friend of mine works at Sloane and I knew she was not doing well, but it still came as a shock. I remember seeing an interview with her and her son shortly after her husband died. He seemed so poised and mature for his age. That poor boy, how much tragedy he has had to endure in his early years. My heart goes out to that whole family.

Lung cancer is such an ugly disease. By the time it gets diagnosed, especially the type she had, it is usually Stage 4. It is amazing to me that they are still treating it the same way they were years ago. How can there be no break-through treatments for this ugly disease? The Chemo and it's side effects are just as horrible as the disease itself. I hope that in the years to come research finds some better treatments.