PDA

View Full Version : Nursing in public in Disneyland

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
03-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Is there any out of the way places where I can NIP at Disneyland (Anaheim)? I'm thinking that if I'm all the way across the park from the baby center, then it would be nice if there's a couple of out of the way places where I can nurse somewhat discreetly.

Thanks!

jeminaal
03-11-2006, 12:48 PM
There aren't a whole lot of private places to nurse at DL, but here are some areas where I've done it:

If you're over by New Orleans Square/Critter Country, there's a small building near the Haunted House and Splash Mountain where they sell McDonald's French Fries (why they sell these things at DL, I don't know). Just to the right of the building, there's a small walkway at the edge of the river where they dock the pirate ship. They have some tables and chairs there and hardly anyone walks over there.

Just to the right of Frontierland's entrance is an area with a stage and several tables and chairs. I've nursed there as well.

Another area is the around the huge stage which used houses the Snow White show next to "It's a Small World". You might be able to find a quiet area around there since the show is closed for the season.

I've also nursed the babies in restaurants while we ate lunch/dinner and it was fine too.

If I remember any other places, I'll be sure to post them. Have a great time!

Jeanette
(formerly known as jeanmick, member since Feb 2003)

DD Born Christmas Eve
DS Born Valentine's Day

writermama
03-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Inside the Disney Gallery (in New Orleans Square, above the entrance to Pirates of the Carribean) there is a quiet courtyard. You can't take strollers up the stairs (there is an elevator, but it's for wheelchairs only because it's through a restaurant kitchen), but it's also a nice place for a nap, too.

I saw several women nursing discreetly on benches in the "park" between NO Square and the Haunted Mansion (currently closed, though there may be more foot traffic there when the Mansion re-opens). I also found that to be a good place to park a napping toddler in her stroller. It's close to the train station though, so there are occasional train whistles and the possibility of nearby jazz to wake a light sleeper.

Finally, my favorite nap spot was right next to the Baby Care center - there are rows of benches right up to the cast member's entrance to the park. It's far enough from Main Street to be relatively quiet (just occasional conversations between cast members entering or leaving the park, the rumble of the giant trash bins pushed by the custodian who empties trash cans, the occasional tantrum of a child outside the baby care center, and once, we had a close encounter with Snow White and her fans as she was leaving).

spu
03-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi Jennifer,

I've never been, but just wanted to offer you another mom's support for nursing in public. Anywhere where you would stop and have a snack is a perfect spot to nurse your baby. You can be discreet with a shawl, sling, or baby blanket if you like. With slings, you can walk and nurse at the same time, with complete privacy. Nursing shirts also make a huge difference - most people think you're just holding a nursing baby. Plus, there will be so many families - and other moms, that most people won't even notice...

have fun!

susan

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
nursed for 3 years!
http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/superpower.gif

charlotte + else

http://bd.lilypie.com/u2jym5.png
http://b4.lilypie.com/Bmr5m5.png

Melanie
03-11-2006, 05:10 PM
I use any nearby bench or chair. Though the nursing room at the Babycenter is NICE! Last time I took baby there, she refused to nurse. LOL.

Java
03-12-2006, 12:49 AM
There are a lot of little alcoves you can sit at and NIP. I don't know how private of an area you want but I've seen moms NIP on those little benches and no one was even paying attention. Heck, I've seen a mom sit down at the stroller parking area for It's A Small World, NIP!

deenass
03-12-2006, 08:39 AM
DS was 8 mos the first time we went to DISNEYWORLD and i was able to nurse on some of the rides (Small world, storyland at DL would be good also, basically any track ride that doesn't whip you around!). They usually only seat you and your family in your row (or you can ask for your own car/row since you want to nurse). I also nursed on benches etc.

Melanie
03-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Word of advice: Don't nurse on Pirates. I got "bit" on the first waterfall. LOL.

nd93
03-13-2006, 09:36 AM
My experience is not DL but WDW, but I too nursed on rides. The epcot ball one, the trains that took you to the other side of Animal Kingdom, in restaurants. I agree with the PP, any slow ride would be great, chances are there will be music playing and it will be dim too! And the others around you (if it's a big boat or something) will be so much more interested in the ride they will not notice you. DL/WDW are *so* family friendly, I'm sure you will see lots of nursing moms, so just find a shady spot and enjoy the people watching! Sometimes a restaurant will be closed, but you can still use the seating so that may be a good option too, lots of chairs but not crowded with diners. Have fun!!

rlu
03-14-2006, 03:13 PM
DS wouldn't nurse at the BabyCare centers either. I did nurse him outside a hat shop at California Adventure near the Muholland ride (spelling wrong). At DL I nursed him when we got off the Storyland ride - there were some benches in a quiet area near a food vendor. We were there during the week of Halloween so the parks in general were quiet, so I don't know if these areas will be too busy now.

DS napped each day at the park - usually near NO square down by the water. MIL stayed with him while DH and I roved, checking back in with them after each ride. DS loved the circus train ride the best, although Dumbo was a close second.

Rebecca

DS 3/29/04

Tondi G
03-14-2006, 10:45 PM
we often nursed on the dark rides... Pirates (after the two small hills) and the haunted mansion. I had no trouble NIP and DS ate when he wanted... I'd find a quieter corner and sit on the ground or find a bench. Over near splash mtn. and the winnie the pooh ride they have the Hungry Bear restraunt... down below (closer to the restrooms) they have tables and if it isn't a super busy day it is a lot less busy and you can just pull out a chair from one of the tables! The water is right there and gives you something to look at at least!