PDA

View Full Version : Hair Styling Products For DD?

randomkid
03-13-2006, 09:09 AM
DD has the cutest curls coming out, but her hair is still a little thin and it's fine. Sometimes it just looks so messy and out of control. I use California Baby conditioner whenever I wash her hair which is almost daily since she is always putting food in it!

Are there any styling products that are safe to use that will control her curls, but not make them look greasy or flat?

TIA,

Wife_and_mommy
03-13-2006, 09:19 AM
nak oh my gosh...came on here for the same thing!! :)

dd's hair is curly. when she was your dd's age i just used watyer. it dries then holds the curl. i started using leave-in cond spray but it's becopming a daily thing hence hoping for a better alternative unless this is the best one. hope moms of older dc's will help us both. please!

Elizabeth
mommy to DD('04) and DS('06)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

randomkid
03-13-2006, 09:35 AM
I've tried just water - doesn't seem to work for us.

BTW, I still haven't figured out "nak". Can you fill me in?

Wife_and_mommy
03-13-2006, 09:38 AM
nursing at keyboard but for me it's i have crazy toddler running around more than the nak ;)

Elizabeth

icunurse
03-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Check out these products: http://www.circle-of-friends.com/

I just bought some of the styling gel for DS's hair (he has thin hair that easily sticks up due to static and also a mighty cowlick), as water just wasn't cutting it anymore and my hair stuff was just too heavy for his hair. The scent is very, very light and pleasant (grapefruit) and the hold is just enough to keep his hair under control, but not sticky or stiff.

Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!

Puddy73
03-13-2006, 12:13 PM
I haven't tried this myself since my DD has stick straight hair, but my stylist recommends just using a little hand lotion like Lubriderm for curly-haired kids. Apply lotion to your hands, rub it in, then scrunch the curls with the residue on your hands.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

Wife_and_mommy
03-13-2006, 01:05 PM
ooh, killing two birds with one stone....i like it!!!! :) Will try it! You think cucumber melon from Bath body works will work? I never remember to moisturize. :P ;)

Elizabeth

murpheyblue
03-13-2006, 01:21 PM
DD has ringlet curls. I wash her hair at night with California Baby shampoo and then condition. I finger style her hair afterwards. I never use any kind of brush on her hair.

In the morning I spray her hair with Suave's detangler for kids. It comes in a green bottle and spells like apples. DD calls it 'apple spray.' It gets rid frizzies and bed head and revitalizes her curls without weighing down her hair at all. It works awesome for $2.50 a bottle.

ETA: This is the oen we use http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=44708&catid=11938&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=11938&trxp2=44708&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

randomkid
03-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks ladies!

Now we have a couple of things to try. I've seen the Circle of Friends products at Bath and Body Works, but never really looked at them. I didn't realize that they have styling products.

Thanks again,

TraciG
03-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I have a messy hair girl ! Sydney doesn't let me put it anything in her hair ! Sydney has wavy / curly hair, depending on how hot or humid it is ( her hair is best in the summer ) lately I have been wettting her hair with a water bottle, I used to just wet a brush but this works better, once in a while I use a drop of gel in it but I can't tell it it does anything.

TraciG
03-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I have a messy hair girl ! Sydney doesn't let me put it anything in her hair ! Sydney has wavy / curly hair, depending on how hot or humid it is ( her hair is best in the summer ) lately I have been wettting her hair with a water bottle, I used to just wet a brush but this works better, once in a while I use a drop of gel in it but I can't tell it it does anything.

ellies mom
03-13-2006, 07:10 PM
It becomes quite a production doesn't it? I only use shampoo on DD's hair every 1-2 weeks (closer to 2). The rest of the time I just wash it using California Baby Leave-in Conditioner. Our morning routine is to wet her hair down, sometimes at the sink and sometimes with a spray bottle. I work a little of the leave-in conditioner into her hair and comb out any tangles with a wide tooth detangling comb. Then I "scrunch" a little bit of Aveda's Be Curly into her hair and give it a last comb through with my fingers. Then I clip the front back a bit. The Be Curly stuff is really light and doesn't leave a build up. If DD's hair is still really thin, the leave-in conditioner could be enough though. I hope that helps.