PDA

View Full Version : Cute doings post - I'm raising a good daddy.

Sillygirl
03-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Jonathan has two baby dolls that he loves. He carries them around in his arms, kisses them, and feeds them their bottles - although I'm not sure why he does the bottle thing since he never drank from one himself. Anwyay, the other day he had one in his arms. We've been working on the sign for "dirty diaper" so I asked him if he thought the dolly needed its diaper changed. He flung it over his arm, lifted the butt up to his face, and took a deep sniff!

Hee. I think we need to develop a better (or more discreet) way to check his own diapers.

kedss
03-15-2006, 03:00 PM
LOL! Too Cute!
Thanks for sharing. :)

ETA: My parents, BOTH of them would stick their fingers in diapers to tell if they were poopy or wet. ugh!!! :P

elliput
03-15-2006, 03:17 PM
I think Jonathan has that one down pat!

zuzu
03-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Very cute. :) That reminds me of the song "William's Doll" from Free to be You and Me - we were watching the DVD last weekend.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

o_mom
03-15-2006, 03:46 PM
We have the book "William's Doll" and I read it when DH is listening so he will quit worrying about the dollhouse we have for the boys. :-)

TraciG
03-15-2006, 05:50 PM
That is ADORABLE, I lOVED when Sydney starting playing with her babies, it's even cuter to hear about a little boy playing with baby dolls, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

mommy_someday
03-15-2006, 10:13 PM
This one was told to me today by my best friend about her 4-year-old neice. Apparently the neice was constipated for a couple of days and was sitting on the potty trying to go. Her parents were in the next room and overheard their DD having this conversation:

"it's ok... you can come out...
it'll hurt me more than it will hurt you...
you can do it.. I know you can...
come on.... it's your turn... I already went number one...
there you go...
you're almost there'''
come on...
if you don't come out now I will leave you in there!!!!...
there you go... you'r almost there...
YEAH!!!! You did it!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!"

I nearly went number one myself when my friend told me this story! Actually makes me look forward to potty training...sort of. ;)

linsei
03-15-2006, 10:19 PM
That is too cute and totally hysterical! I never thought that I should use a little more discretion when checking for a dirty diaper. I'll have to keep that in mind ;)

Linda

http://b2.lilypie.com/xz6em5/.png[/img][/url]

mudder17
03-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Oh my gosh, I have to pee! ROTFL!!!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_-6_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

mommy_someday
03-15-2006, 11:16 PM
IKWYM!!!! I had tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard when I heard it. Just had to share it with y'all! :)

nfowife
03-16-2006, 01:59 PM
In our house that's known as "smell and tell". I'll say "is her diaper dirty?" And DH will say "I don't know, I'll do a smell and tell and let you know".

nfowife
03-16-2006, 01:59 PM
In our house that's known as "smell and tell". I'll say "is her diaper dirty?" And DH will say "I don't know, I'll do a smell and tell and let you know".

Mamma2004
03-16-2006, 02:16 PM
ROTFL!!!!

Several of us had a play date this morning and one mom asked, "Is that my DC who smells poopy?" Without blinking, every mom in the room grabbed her own DC and did the sniff test! After all, isn't that the fastest (and, well, least messy) way to find out???

Thanks for the chuckle!
Stephanie

Mamma2004
03-16-2006, 02:16 PM
ROTFL!!!!

Several of us had a play date this morning and one mom asked, "Is that my DC who smells poopy?" Without blinking, every mom in the room grabbed her own DC and did the sniff test! After all, isn't that the fastest (and, well, least messy) way to find out???

Thanks for the chuckle!
Stephanie

VClute
03-16-2006, 07:23 PM
HA! Thanks for the laugh!

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05