PDA

View Full Version : Need vacation ideas for May or June

kristenk
03-16-2006, 07:47 PM
DH and I were discussing our family vacation for the year and realized that we really need to take it sometime in May or June. We have no idea where to go. We're planning on Disney next year, so that's out. We're really just looking for some place that DD (2yo) will have fun and that we'll all enjoy. Honestly, we will be designing this vacation around DD. We would like to go somewhere, but we don't care where and we want the trip to be enjoyable for Ellie. We'll probably spend 5 days or so. Anyone have any suggestions? Do you live in a place that's absolutely beautiful and filled with fun stuff for kids to do in May or June? Please tell me about it!

boogiemom
03-16-2006, 08:08 PM
When DS was two we went to Sesame Place in Langhorne, PA and we all had a blast! He absolutely loved it and it was perfect for that age. We spent two days there: one for the amusement park and one for the water park. We also went to a really nice children's museum in Philadelphia. We didn't make it to the Crayola Factory but it's not too far and it's supposed to be great for the kids. We had a great time and I recommend it to everyone. We drove approx. 14 hours (I think) to get there and we will definitely do it again when DS2 is 2-3 years old. Good luck deciding where to go! How fun!

psophia17
03-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Seattle is wonderful in May and June, I could spend 5 days there with DS in tow easily. In fact, I hope to be able to soon :)

There have been a bunch of threads about Seattle...I haven't got time to dig them up right now, but there was one just a few days ago that linked several more...

kristenk
03-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Seattle had crossed my mind, but I hadn't checked how the weather would be then. Thanks!

I completely forgot about Sesame Place! DD would love that. Yet another option to look into! :)