PDA

View Full Version : Central Park Eggstravaganza . .

jayali
03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Has anyone ever been to it? We are thinking of taking DS. He will be 2 in May and wasn't sure if it would be worth it or not. I am sure that it will be very crowded especially if it is a nice day and DS has no real interest in the Easter Bunny. We just thought it would be fun, especially because he LOVES being around other kids. We are also considering the Bronx Zoo - can't decide which to do.

Also, any NYC vicinity mommas ever do Baby Loves Disco? We are going to try and make it next month because DS LOVES to dance. He especially loves Disco music. Must be the Brooklyn in his genes!

TIA!

omgrown
03-20-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't know about the Eggstravaganza, but we went to Baby Loves Disco a couple of months ago and had a really fun time. DS was a little small for it still, but I thought it was awesome. We'll probably try again in another month or 2 if our schedule works out for it. Now that he's walking, it'll probably be better for him. He's a little dancing machine now so I think he'd have a lot of fun. We went to the one at Cielo which is a great little club. I haven't been to Southpaw yet, so I can't speak for that club. One thing though, buy tickets in advance. Its gotten so popular it sells out far in advance.

Queensgirl
03-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Not sure about the Eggstravaganza (although I always see the ads for it) but if you do venture to Central Park then check out the Central Park Zoo, if you haven't already. The kid's zoo (Tisch Children's Zoo- part of the Central Park Zoo) is great and more appropriate for little ones than the Bronx Zoo (which can be a little overwhelming). The Central Park Zoo is actually my favorite zoo for kids (& me too!). Close by is the carousel, which opens in April. However, be prepared for a long line if the weather is nice (it's still worth it, imho).

-Karina

jayali
03-20-2006, 06:25 PM
We LOVE the Central Park Zoo! It is one of our favorite outings. The thing I really LOVE about it is that it still seems undiscovered. We have been quite a few times and it never seems to be crowded. DS LOVES the polar bears. We haven't been to the Bronx Zoo yet but were thinking about it only for the Easter events. I figure DS will be doing mostly riding if we go.

Thanks for the info on Baby Loves Disco. We will definitely buy tickets early as soon as we figure out when we can go. I think DS will love it.

Marisa6826
03-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Girlie, then you haven't been there on the weekends!!

It's one of my all time favourite places (even BEFORE kids), but if it's nice out on a weekend, you can't even get close enough to see the animals.

LMK if you're ever up for meeting there. I'm about a 30-40 minute drive from mid-town.

-m

ETA - The Bronx Zoo is awesome, but very overwhelmingly huge. It's also really expensive by the time you add in parking, admissions, food. Fortunately, Wednesdays are 'free' - you donate whatever you want.

Definitely wear sneakers. Walking around is a major part of visiting the Zoo.

jayali
03-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Hey Marisa,

Next time we are planning a Central Park Zoo outing I will let you know. I guess we have lucky because even on our weekend trips the zoo hasn't been crowded even while the Park felt like it was. Like I said I guess we have been lucky.

BTW, never got to Short Hills for the Talbot's kid sale. Maybe we will take a ride up today. But I am sure there won't be anything left.

Marisa6826
03-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I heard it was pretty picked over.

I'm heading to Woodbury today. I little, um, brisk for it, but maybe it will warm up a little by the time we get there.

Have you heard of the Prominade at Sagemore? It's in Marlton. I just found it online.

-m

TraciG
03-21-2006, 01:36 PM
What is baby loves Disco like ??? Is it in Manhattan ?

jayali
03-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Baby Loves Disco is a dance party for toddlers with grown-up music (I think). We haven't been to one yet, but I read about it in our TONY Kids magazine. There are some in Manhattan and some in Brooklyn. Looks like they are held on the first and second Saturdays of the month. I will have to look to find out more info. Let me know if you are interested.

buddyleebaby
03-21-2006, 01:53 PM
If you visit the bronx zoo during the off-season, parking is free, as are all the extras (like the butterfly garden, etc.). It's also fairly empty.
On the down side, it's very much scaled down.
We took dd last week and it was perfect. Just the right amount of attractions were open that she was not overwhelmed, and we only paid fo admission (and the carousel). It was her first trip to the zoo and she had a good time.

Queensgirl
03-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Check out the site...
http://www.babylovesdisco.com/
It's also in other cities. Sounds fun!
-Karina

Corie
03-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the website!!

I just emailed them to ask when they are coming to Dallas! :)

My 4-year-old daughter is the original "Dancing Queen" !!