PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have a chocolate cheesecake recipe?

karolyp
03-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Yep, this is my weakness. And I would like to try to indulge myself and make one at home! I know we have many fab cooks here and I have already gotten so many great recipes from this board so I thought I would ask. Does anyone have a recipe for a chocolate cheesecake?

TIA!!!!

(my sweet tooth thanks you too)

juliasmom05
03-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Not exactly what you are looking for, but I have an awesome recipe for White Chocolate Cheesecake. I know, not the same thing if you are true chocolate lover, but let me know if it interests you and I will post the recipe.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

tarynsmum
03-21-2006, 10:31 AM
My DH really likes to cook, especially cheesecakes (I know, lucky me). He's made up a few really good ones, and even has "th Ultimate Cheesecake Cookbook" that he uses.

DId you want a baked cheesecake or a non-baked? I can post some recipes for you if you want.

Some of the baked:
Chocolate Mint
Chocolate Raspberry
Chocolate Surprise (has peanut butter)
Chocolate Swirl
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
German Chocolate Cheesecake

Non-bake:
Triple Chocolate
Chocolate

Let me know, I can email a recipe or post it

karolyp
03-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Yes, please post your recipes, esp the triple chocolate, chocolate swirl, and chocolate!!! I'm sure the other mama's here would love to see them too!

I don't have a preference, baked or non baked, but I am not the best cook either, so the simpler the better for me atleast. :)

THANK YOU!!!

missym
03-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Here is my DH's favorite basic chocolate cheesecake recipe:

8 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate finely chopped
1/4 Cup Water
1 Tablespoon Chocolate Liqueur
3 Eggs
1 1/3 Cups Sugar
3 Packages Cream Cheese
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
12 Oreo Cookies, finely ground
2 Tablespoons Butter, melted

Add melted butter to ground Oreos and press into bottom of springform pan.

Melt chocolate with water and liqueur and set aside to cool.

Beat eggs with sugar until well blended. Gradually add cream cheese and mix until very smooth (about 5 min). Add chocolate mixture and blend well.

Pour batter into springform and bake 1 hour at 350 deg. Open oven door and allow to cool gradually (about 30 min). Loosen edges with a knife and chill completely in refrigerator.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

Want a penpal for your BBB kiddo? Send an email to:
[email protected]

tarynsmum
03-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Preheat oven 350 F.

Crust:
1/4 pound (1 stick) lightly salted butter
2 cups finely ground chocolate-cookie crumbs
1/4 cup sugar

Melt butter over very low heat. Combine butter w/ crumbs and sugar ina food processor. Press small amounts of crust mix bit by bit all the way up the sides of an ungreased 10" sringform pan, then over the bottom of pan.

Batter:
2 ounces sweet chocolat
2 pounds (4 8-oz packages) cream cheese
1.5 cups sugar
1.5 tablespoons dark rum
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
pinch of salt
4 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon instant espresso

Melt chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water or in a mircowave on half power, and reserve.
In a mixer, whip cream cheese on th highest speed for 5 minutes, then add sugar and whip 2 more minutes. Add rum, vanilla, and salt, and blend on lowest speed; mix just until each egg has been incorporated into the batter.
Remove one cup of batter, add melted chocolate and instant espresso to it and blend with a RUBBER spatula. Reserve. Pour rmaining batter into crust. POur reserved batter into the center of the filling and cut through several times with a knife to achieve a swirl effect, but with most of the chocolate batter remaining in the center. Bake in a preheated oven for one hour. Remove cake from oven and let stand on a countertop for 10 minutes while you prepare sour-cream glaze. Any cracks will be concealed under the glaze.

Sour-Cream Glaze:
2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 teapoon almond extract
2 oz sweet chocolate, melted

Combine sour cream, sugar, and extract with a rubber spatula ina plastic bowl. Spread evenly and smoothly over top of baked filling and return to 350 F oven for 10 min. Remove from oven, dribble melted chocolate on the glaze and plac immediately in refridgerator to cool.

Let cheesecake stand in room temp 10 min. before serving.

tarynsmum
03-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Preheat oven to 350 F

Crust:
1/4 pound (1 stick) lightly saltd butter
2 cups finely ground chocolate-cookie crumbs
1/4 cup sugar

Melt butter over very low heat. Combine butter with crumbs and sugar in a food processor until thoroughly blended. Press small amounts of crust mix bit by bit all the way up the sides of an ungreased 10" springform pan first, then press remaining crust mix on the bottom of the pan.

Batter:
4 oz sweet chocolate
2 pounds cream cheese
1.5 cups sugar
1 tablespoon dark jamaican rum
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
4 large eggs
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Melt chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water or in a mircowave on half power, and reserve.
In a mixer, whip cream cheese on th highest speed for 5 minutes, then add sugar and whip 2 more minutes. Add melted chocolate,rum, vanilla, and salt, and blend together. Add the eggs one at a time keeping the mixer on lowest speed, mix just until each egg has been incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
POur batter into the crust and bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. Remove cake from oven and let stand on countertop for 10 minutes while you prepare sour-cream glaze.

Glaze:
2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
shaved chocolate

Combine sour cream, sugar, and extract with a rubber spatula ina plastic bowl. Spread evenly and smoothly over top of baked filling and return to 350 F oven for 10 min. Remove from oven, sprinkle glaze with shaved chocolate and place immediately into the refridgerator to cool.

Let cheesecake stand in room temp 10 min. before serving.

tarynsmum
03-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Crust:
3 tablespoons butter
2 oz white chocolate
2 oz dark chocolate, sweet or semi-sweet
1/2 cup finely ground vanilla wafer crumbs
1/2 cup finely ground chocolate wafer crumbs
1/2 cup chopped Brazil nuts*

*If you don't want to use nuts, just omit it and just 3/4 vanilla and 3/4 chocolate wafers: that's what we do

Melt butter and both chocolates over simmering water in a double boiler or in a microwave at 50% power.When melted, whisk into a smooth, even mass. Measure crumbs and nuts into a food-proccessor bowl or in another small plastic or glass bowl, then add the melted chocolate mixture, and process for 5 second intervals, checking the texture frquently. It should be fine and dry, rather than mushy. Using walnut-size nuggets of crumb mix, press them no more than 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 10" springform pan with your fingers.Press and smooth down the remainder of the crust mix over the bottom of the pan. If there are empty spaces in the bottom crust, press the sides a bit thinner, or just sprinkle some more cookie crumbs around the holes. Put the pan in the fridge to set.

Filling:
4 oz dark chocolate, sweet or semi-sweet
1 pound cream cheese, each package cut into 8 squares (16 total)
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons Fruit Fresh
1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
1/3 cup mini-chocolate chips

Melt chocolate as above and reserve. In a mixer or food processor, whip cream cheese, condensed milk, and mlted chocolate together until creamy and well blended. Dissolve Fruit Fresh in juices and Grand Marnier, add with melted chocolate to batter, and process until well combined. Fold inchocolate chips with a rubber spatula and pour into crust.
Spread the filling around carefully with a rubber spatula so that it's level and adheres to th sides of the crust.

Garnish:
2 oz dark chocolate

Melt an additional 2 oz of chocolate and drizzle it on the top of the cake. Place in the refridgerator to set until ready to serve

Before serving, let cheesecake stand at room temp for 10-15 minutes to allow the butter in the crust to loosen its bond with the metal ring.

psophia17
03-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Let me just say, I'm sitting at my PC drooling and craving cheesecake like nothing else.

I could go more into detail about how much I love cheesecake, but if DH ever found out those details, he would be jealous...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn....