PDA

View Full Version : OT: Craigslist "scam" offers??

Emmas Mom
03-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Anyone experienced this? I think I got one on a camera I have up for sale. Craigslist advises to beware of anyone offering a postal money order. Are those dangerous?? I mean, I'm sure I got a scam offer since they were offering almost 2x what I was asking (yeah right you're going to pay that!). But how do postal money orders work? Should I not even respond? They are asking for my address & name...if I only send that, is that info alone enough for them to scam me?

firstbaby
03-21-2006, 01:01 PM
I have only recently started using Craigslist but I know on the header for the DC forums it has a link you can click on to find out more about the money order scams. Sounds like one to me - especially with the price they are offering!

Here is the link for info: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Emmas Mom
03-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Ok, I know I got scammed cause I got 2 offers within a couple minutes & they say basically the same thing. I responded to one of them:

"I will only accept cash via mail & will mail it once received...I'm sure you understand how many scams there are out there." }(

I'm not worried about them having my e-mail, it's my rather anonymous hotmail account & everything goes to my junk e-mail folder except the addresses I choose.