PDA

View Full Version : Paypal question

s_gosney
04-17-2006, 04:22 PM
For those of you with 2 paypal accounts...don't people have 2 these days because of the CC charge/premier account thing?
Our situation is a little different, but DH has set up his own account and has sold some things with it and is now ready to put the money in our bank account. Well, since my paypal account has that account number, they won't let him use that one. How do you get around this?
TIA!

trumansmom
04-17-2006, 04:39 PM
He can transfer money to your Paypal account and you can put it in the bank that way. Of course, I think you will probably still have to deal with fees that way.

Another option would be to get a Paypal debit card for that account. They are free, and he could just get the cash out and then put it in your bank account.

HTH-
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

s_gosney
04-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Hmmm. He says he can't even move it to my account without verifying. I'll have to look at it myself, as dh is not always so computer savvy. Thanks for the ideas though. I hadn't heard of the paypal card. We might look into that too.

starrynight
04-18-2006, 09:20 AM
If his account is not verified, AFAIK the only way to get the money is to get another bank account and verify it. I swear this is paypals way to make you just have one account because it's such a pain. You can't get the money out if you aren't verified, you can't even send it to someone else.

See if he can request a check, that might be an option. Then just deposit to the account you want it in. And I'm also pretty sure you can use the virtual credit card to buy things online. The only problem I have run into with that is there is no card verification # and some sites won't let you buy without one.

new_mommy25
04-19-2006, 02:53 AM
I have two paypal accounts. My main account is verified and I only do funded paypal. My second is set up to recieve CC payments but unverified. When someone pays me with CC I transfer the money over to my funded paypal account and then transfer the money to my bank account.

Does that make sense :P

slknight
04-19-2006, 08:10 AM
I have two paypal accounts. They are both verified and are set up linked to two different bank accounts. Then I just transfer money from one bank account to the other. I do it online and it's instantaneous so it's no problem.

s_gosney
04-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Hmm...I wonder why it works for you but not for dh. I still need to get on there and take a look. We only have one checking account, so I don't know that using another account would work. Can savings accounts be used? Maybe my mom will lend her account temporarily.

I still need to get on there and check it out. One of these days...Thanks everyone for the help!

boys2enough
04-19-2006, 02:24 PM
>Hmm...I wonder why it works for you but not for dh. I still
>need to get on there and take a look. We only have one
>checking account, so I don't know that using another account
>would work. Can savings accounts be used? Maybe my mom will
>lend her account temporarily.
>
>I still need to get on there and check it out. One of these
>days...Thanks everyone for the help!

Not sure whether you are against opening another checking account, but many banks are offering absolutely free checking account now, so there is no string attached, no fees, no minimum. It may make it easier to maintain 2 PP accounts this way?

If you are wondering what to do with the second checking account: I also use one of my checking accounts for when I travel overseas. I put a limited amount of money in it, in case the ATM card gets stolen etc and I am unable to manage it while abroad.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pcomputer.gif