PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Invitations

Mamma2004
04-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks to my indecision regarding our theme, I now need to hurry and order invitations to DS's second birthday party. It's only four weeks away!

I would like to do a photo invitation and Costco allows so few characters in the wording. Is there anywhere else that would be both affordable and quick?

Thank you!
Stephanie

cdlamis
04-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Ebay has the cutest invitations! Just type in "personalized (or custom) birthday invitations". Most are about $1 a piece but I am sure they have less expensive ones.

Here is one seller that I like- we are getting the Curios George ones.
http://stores.ebay.com/Sassyfras-Designs_Invitations_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ5QQf tidZ1QQtZkm

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

KBecks
04-21-2006, 10:47 AM
I like purplestork.com. We did our christmas cards there. They can do the design and you can get the photo prints made locally, I think that would be fastest.

I also think they can do something custom for you if you have a good idea of what you'd like.

Good luck!

dietre_g
04-21-2006, 12:49 PM
I ordered my sons invites from www.inababycarriage.com. They were adorable and came in only a few days. I was able to upload my pics and select my own wording. I have also had luck with Shutterfly.com. We did Holiday cards there and I got those in 2 days and you select everything on line. They have a great selection of pre-designed cards and the prices were great. I did 100 cards plus envelopes for 56.00 including shipping.

Good Luck!!

Dietre F.
Mom to Evan Gregory

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif
http://b2.lilypie.com/Trh3m5.png[/img][/link]

CiderLogan
04-21-2006, 02:17 PM
I saw an idea in one of the parenting magazines -- take a photo of your kid sitting next to a big sheet of paper that says all the invitation info and then take a picture -- then the photo itself serves as the invite. Hope this makes sense.....

Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another GIRL due 5/29/06!

Tondi G
04-21-2006, 02:59 PM
I just did my DS's first birthday invites through this woman and they turned out SOOOO cute! She sent me templates with options to use his pic(s) but we opted not to do a photo invite! I HIGHLY recommend her and she is a SAHM mom trying to get her business off the ground so it makes it that much better!!!!! I can't wait to get invites for my DS's 5th birthday in July now!!!!

www.choochoocreations.com

Tell her Tondi sent you!!!! HTH's!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

EDITED to say that she doesn't show any photo invites on her site but contact her... I know she does them!!!!

Mamma2004
04-22-2006, 03:08 PM
What a cute idea, Jenny! Now, if only DS would sit still long enough for my slow digital camera to capture both him and the information!

I have been looking at all of the sites you ladies have suggested and today I also went to local stores (without DS in tow) to see what's available. I need to stop procrastinating and just ORDER something!

I would even love to do them on my computer...any ideas? I checked out the "can be imprinted" section at Target but the selection was low.

Stephanie