PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break from the boards...

mommyj_2
04-22-2006, 06:15 PM
As much as I hate to do this, I need to take a break from the boards so I can finish my dissertation. I might stop in now and then, but am going to try to stay away as much as possible so I can focus on my work. I'm going to miss everyone here. It's been great hanging out with you the past few years. I've learned so much from you, and have had fun getting to know many of you through your posts.
I'm not sure how long my break will be, but I'm hoping to have the self discipline to stay away for several months so I can get a lot of work done.
Take care. I'm going to miss this fabuulous group of women.

bostonsmama
04-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Good luck with your dissertation! That will be quite the accomplishment! I know that if I found this board or started ttc while I was still in college it would have been the fall of me.

Larissa

We're doing it! IVF orientation & consult scheduled for May 2nd!
Saline Sonogram--May 5th

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, born to my brother and SIL on 3/06
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32719.jpg

mudder17
04-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Good luck on your dissertation! I know how much work that is and I wish you a very productive next several months. I will miss your presence on the boards and miss hearing how your DS is doing.

Big hugs! We'll be waiting when you return. :)

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_-6_Kaya+is.png
Kaya will be a sister, ~11/14/06!

Mamma2004
04-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Best of luck to you on your dissertation - we'll miss you but we look forward to hearing from you whenever you're ready.

Stephanie

brittone2
04-22-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm going to miss you :)

I totally understand though...the boards can easily take up a LOT of time. I wish you much luck with your dissertation and I'm sure you'll be absolutely elated when it is all behind you!!

We'll miss you but hope you'll be back very soon. Keep in touch once in a while if you can :)

elliput
04-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Good Luck on your dissertation! I look forward to when you return. :-)

mommyoftwo
04-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Good luck working on your dissertation. I can't imagine trying to do that and be a mom at the same time. We will miss you but look forward to hearing the news that you have completed everything.

Corie
04-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Good Luck with your dissertation!! :)

justlearning
04-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Good luck finishing your dissertation! I know firsthand what a challenge that can be, especially when it's so much more fun to spend time online on fun boards like this one. I actually asked my husband back then to put a password on his computer so I wouldn't be able to use his computer unless he logged on for me. I then worked on my own computer, which I didn't have hooked up to the internet. Although oftentimes I had to go online for research and had to call DH to get his password (which he then changed that evening), it did really help keep me from having to struggle with the internet temptation and allowed me to finally complete my dissertation. Just one idea in case you have a problem with self-disclipline like I did... Again, good luck in getting it done! :)

alexsmommy
04-23-2006, 06:51 AM
Hee, hee. Thank heavens I didn't have a child and know about these boards while working on the dissertation. I was so desparate for any distraction I would have had to work on a computer with no internet service. Best of luck - it WILL be done someday.
Alaina
Alex 2-4-03

annasmom
04-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Best of luck to you! It is certainly a worthy endeavor!

mommyj_2
04-23-2006, 11:58 AM
I might just do this. I realized that I suddenly had a lot more time the two weeks I was away from the Internet. I have no self control, which is why I tried to take a break before and then ended up posting here even more.

mommyj_2
04-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks! I'm going to miss all of you while I'm away. I'll definitely stop in every once in a while to see how things are going. Thanks so much for your encouragement.