PDA

View Full Version : She said, "MaMa!!"- shameless brag

newnana
04-24-2006, 01:16 PM
DD has been saying, "DaDa" and "Hi DaDa" for over a month. I thought that was amazing until yesterday. Yesterday DH was holding her while I polished the furniture (ugh, don't want her to touch that nasty oil, I barely want to touch it) and she pointed at me and said, "MaMa!" Then she proceeded to say it for the next few minutes while I couldn't contain my joy. So that's what it feels like!!!

I have to pull out an oldie here: oh my stars!!!

And just so you can see who continuously melts my heart, I'm attempting to attach a picture. I tried with the Easter post, but it kept erroring out.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33126.jpg

almostamom
04-24-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm still waiting for "Mama"! Congratulations to you! How exciting!
What a little sweetheart you have - those big blue eyes and rosy cheeks! What a cutie she is! Glad you were able to attach the pic! :)

~Linda~
DS 11/9/04

ribbit1019
04-24-2006, 01:49 PM
What a wonderful feeling that is!! The transition to "Mommy" is fabulous too. I love hearing it.

You have quite an adorable little girl!! That is a great picture!

Christy
My Waterbabies
Maddy born 6/9/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
&
Jarred born 3/8/06, 11 lb 14.5 oz 24" @ 6 wks, a happily breastfed babe.
http://b1.lilypie.com/KH1pm5/.png
Co-Owner Ribbit Baby

karolyp
04-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Look at those big blue eyes!! She's a total cutie pie!!!

Thanks for sharing and congrats on reaching that milestone!!! DD has just started saying mama too. Isn't it wonderful?!!

rlu
04-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Very cute!

I was reading a book Little Quack to DS last week and pointing to the mama duck while reading her lines when suddenly DS turned his head to look directly at me and point to me! I said yes I was his momma and now when I read the book whenever I point to the mama duck he points to me. Melts my heart...

Rebecca

DS 03/29/04

marit
04-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Oh, so much fun! Enjoy your miracle.

One more thing. You're polishing the furniture?????? What a super woman :7

heidiann
04-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Those big blue eyes are georgous! shes beautiful!
Thanks for sharing.

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

megs4413
04-24-2006, 08:45 PM
She's adorable! How great....I'll never forget the first time my DD said Mama....she was crying and upset and she whimpered out, "mama". I almost died right there in the middle of the mall!

newnana
04-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks everybody!!!

I'm definitely going to have to find that duck book.

Oh, and forget the superwoman thing. I think it's been since before Christmas since I last polished. My mom is coming to town this week- notice the timing? She was here at Christmas and now this week.
There are a few key chores that make her not notice the piles of laundry or need to vaccuum. Someone else had a post about what do you do or not do that would drive your mom or MIL crazy. Here are the weird few things I do if I know my mom is making the trip: polish the furniture, clean off the lightbulbs, clean off the fan blades; oh, and buy some coffee, cream, and coke zero. We learned at a young age not to bug her before she's had her caffiene and there is never any in our house.

Wow, this turned into a totally different post! So between admiring DD's talent and beauty, the little bit of cleaning, the visit with my mom should be fantastic. She's going to help me plan DD's first birthday party while disregarding the junk on my counters and dirt on my floors.

Thanks for responding! You guys are the best!
Michelle