PDA

View Full Version : Need idea for Baptism favor

updacountry
04-24-2006, 03:17 PM
I have my daughter's baptism this Sunday and I was trying to come up with something to put on the tables for a favor. I know you guys must have some great suggestions. I can be crafty so I am up for any suggestions. Just need them fast
Thanks

sbjf
04-24-2006, 03:26 PM
My favorite favors are the edible or disposable kind, like chocolates or flowers. :-) I did not do favors for either of my son's baptisms though, never even thought of it.

Have fun!

bunnisa
04-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Maybe a small photo of DD in a nice frame to commemorate the event?

Bethany
blessed wife and mama to two!

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres

bostonsmama
04-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Assuming this is a Christian-type Baptism, you could do Bible or Christian-type bookmarks with a cross on top and you DD's name, birthdate and day "entered into God's kingdom..." or something like that.

You could get silk or satin (or even poly cotton) ribbon or fabric and stamp it with a cross or bible or praying hands, her name, etc. Some places even sell prestamped scripture verses. How's that for crafty?

At our church (Presbyterian), our pastor baptizes infants with a white rose dipped in the holy water, then the "annointing" oil. So, similarly, you could go to Costco and get a couple of dozen white roses and tie ribbons or papers on each rose with your DD's name and baptism date.

HTH!

Larissa

We're doing it! IVF orientation & consult scheduled for May 2nd!
Saline Sonogram--May 5th

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, born to my brother and SIL on 3/06
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32719.jpg

updacountry
04-25-2006, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the ideas. I guess I thought I was supposed to do something. I think I've decided to just decorate tables and make chocolate lollipops with a white ribbon for now. I wan'ted to be really different but I guess no one would notice if there was nothing anyway.
Thanks for the help. Now to make the chocolate!

ctmom
04-25-2006, 08:05 AM
Why don't you make chocolate (white or brown) crosses?

Just a thought...

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

rottiemom
04-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Excellent idea! They did this at the last Christening we attended. Another thought (though not a DIY) is to have your child's picture screened onto chocolate "frames". My niece did this for her son's christening & they were lovely (but I couldn't imagine eating one! I like the chocolate crosses idea better).

Nina