PDA

View Full Version : Any great online sites for finding hotels?

almostamom
04-25-2006, 12:08 AM
We are planning a trip to Colorado this summer. We will be driving, so no need for airline info or rental cars, but is there a great site out there for finding hotels? I, of course, want a good deal, but I also need to find places that at least have a mini kitchen in them. Any ideas on where to search online?

TIA,
~Linda~
DS 11/9/04

divabell
04-25-2006, 05:29 AM
I recently had the best luck with Travelocity as far as searching for amenities (needed an all-suite hotel). If you find a place you like you could always then go to hotels.com or other sites to compare prices. In my case I got the best rate by going directly to the hotel site and booking with the AAA rate there.

Depending where you're going you might try looking for a vacation rental - in the ski areas there are a lot (we are also going to CO this summer). You can google "vacation rental" for the city or area where you're going and possibly find a house or condo for the same price as a hotel, with lots more space, full kitchen, etc.

rottiemom
04-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Also, depending on your needs you might have luck with a B&B. We went to Crawford, CO for a bike rally a few years ago (pre-baby) and the town was SO small there was basically one hotel but there were two B&Bs. They offered different amenities like horseback riding, etc but we chose the one that was closer to the rally site. It was really lovely & informal. We had access to the kitchen whenever we needed, the fridge, etc, and we practically had the place to ourselves. Very relaxing after our long drive & a delight to sit on the porch & watch the hummingbirds.

I can't help you with hotel sites, I basically searched by town.

Good luck & enjoy your trip. Colorado was simply mind blowing to an east coast gal like me :-).

Nina

jenmcadams
04-25-2006, 09:46 AM
The best site I've found for reviewing/finding (although better on the reviews side if you already have a list to research) is www.tripadvisor.com

I've never actually used them for Colorado (given I live here), but I've used them for trips to NY, Orlando, and other vacations and have always been impressed by the depth of reviews and info.

nfowife
04-25-2006, 10:05 AM
I use all the major sites, plus quickbook.com, and I have also used priceline in conjunction with biddingfortravel.com . That is a fabulous site which basically lists the hotels you can get on priceline. That way you know what you are bidding for!

almostamom
04-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the help and ideas, everyone. I usually use vactionrentals.com but there's nothing there that will work for us. I'll give these a shot.

Thanks again,
~Linda~
DS 11/9/04

zuzu
04-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Here's another site to try:

Hotel Reservations Network
www.180096hotel.com

There's another good one I'll post if I can remeber the name.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)