PDA

View Full Version : Party food help

billysmommy
04-25-2006, 06:49 AM
We are having Billy's 3rd birthday party on Saturday with a Curious George theme. We are having it from 1-4 so are avoiding a real meal but I want to have plenty of snack foods to munch on. There are going to end up being about 30-33 adults and 8-10 kids (still waiting to hear from a few stragglers)

This is what we have planned so far
Buffalo chicken strips
Plain chicken strips
Chips and dips (guacamole, onion, salsa, peach mango salsa)
Lil smokies
veggie platter
and of course cake with Hoodsie cups for the kids

Any other ideas? I feel like we should have more but am having a hard time thinking of anything. Thanks for any and all help :)

firstbaby
04-25-2006, 07:09 AM
I think it sounds like a great menu! Maybe something like banana pops or something banana to go with the Curious George theme?

Jen841
04-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Goldfish? Pretzels? Curious George Fruit Snacks (most store brands have these now.) These are favorites of my son. My guys always appreciate Chex Mix too. I like the idea of banana something. If you could find a cookie cutter you could make banana jello jigglers. Chocolate covered bananas are a favorite of mine, but can't image that with kids around!

We did a CG theme for Jude's 1st b-day. This was before the movie and b/4 you could find things. Lucky you! Jude and DH's cakes (same b-day) were Yellow Hats that said Curious Jude and Curious DH on them. For decorations etc. I just tied bows and or ribbons on our books and placed them all around the house. It was nice b/c it was something we already had, cheap and useful!

I recently had a t-shirt made via that place noted in the Bargain area that says Curious Jude on it. I found a picture on-line and used my photo software to change the name on it.

For Jude's CG valentines (George is always alive in our house!) we gave CG coloring pages that I found on-line with the fruit snacks. Cheap/Easy favor is you need them.

I have CG rubber stamps I have used for all occassion cards since he was born ((Basic cards!!!!). They have paid for themselves 10 times I am guessing. If you need something stamped let me know and we can figure something out. I love an excuse to pull out the craft stuff!

Happy Party!

billysmommy
04-25-2006, 08:34 AM
I will have to look for the CG fruit snacks. We have a banana cookie cutter (I have just about every cookie cutter imaginable :) ) and I like the idea of the jigglers and maybe banana cookies. I didn't even think of putting out goldfish, pretzels or chex mix. Thanks :)

For favors I had some Hershey miniature wrappers made with images of CG and they say Billy's 3rd Birthday. As well as wrappers for mini play-dohs and labels to put on crayon boxes. Then I bought beach pails and painted the kids names on them to put the favors in. I was all done with favors until I stopped by the Christmas Tree Shops the other day and they had these CG stuffed softballs for 1.00 each. So of course I just had to get them :) I usually try to make the favors but this year with the baby coming soon I just bought labels instead :)

Oh we also had a t-shirt made with a picture from the movie (George playing peekaboo with the man in the yellow hat) that say Happy 3rd Birthday Billy. I can't wait to see his face when we give it to him the morning of his party :)

Jen841
04-25-2006, 10:18 AM
I want to come to your party! Wow!

The fruit snacks I have seen in Acme/Jewel/Richland/Safeway and some other brand (I could not get through mass with Jude without these!) Should be easy to find. They go on sale on occassion for $1 box, but normally around $1.50 a box.

kransden
04-25-2006, 11:00 PM
I would add some fruit like grapes or strawberries, and like other pp said some chex-mix or goldfish for the kids. Maybe cheese cubes if you get the fruit?

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

Tondi G
04-25-2006, 11:53 PM
we're having a monkey theme for DS's 1st birthday. I am doing fruit skewers and also putting together Chocolate covered pretzels and Banana chips (from Trader Joes).... thinking bananas go well with a monkey theme. You could do a trail mix with banana chips too!

you could also do cheese and crackers

Good Luck

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05