PDA

View Full Version : Any Brighton accessory owners here? How to clean the pieces?

boys2enough
04-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Their website says to only buff it with a soft clean cloth and not to dip it in any chemical. But I couldn't get rid of the tarnish with just the buffing. The necklace is all black, not silver any more. Should I just eat the loss and toss it? That will probably happen to all my Brighton necklaces eventually. Does that mean I should stop buying their products? Thanks!

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pcomputer.gif

Toba
04-25-2006, 09:21 AM
Hmmm. I have a few Brighton handbags, and if you've ever seen any of them, you know they have a lot of ornamental metal pieces that look just like their jewelry (in fact, they have collections where the handbags/wallets match the jewelry and other accessories). I've had a few for years ... in fact I have a wallet organizer (wallet on a string) and a matching key chain that my husband purchased for me *right* after my son was born and I've used it ever since (25 months). Neither have tarnished. :( Have you tried contacting their customer service? It just seems weird to me that mine still look brand new after so long and yours are turning black .... I mean, I realize I don't have my purse and keychain against my skin all day, but still ...

How long have you been wearing the necklace (not that that matters)?

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

boys2enough
04-25-2006, 12:27 PM
It must be because I tend to be a sweaty mess even in the Chicago winter! LOL. (It's true though. And I know that's why my necklaces are all tarnished, to different degrees).

Their CS is great. I have sent one necklace back 3 times, and the first two times they cleaned it up. The 3rd time they sent me a new one! But they said they wouldn't be doing this service for me any more...

Maybe I should try and call their CS again. Thanks!

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pcomputer.gif