PDA

View Full Version : A Highlighter in the Dryer

psophia17
04-25-2006, 01:31 PM
DH hid a highlighter he'd taken away from DS in a stack of whites. I ran the load, and moved the whole shebang from the washer to the dryer, and now have flourescent orange spotted whites, and lots of them.

Can I get the spots out somehow? HELP!!!

mamato1
04-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Yowza! How about oxiclean??
Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

tarabenet
04-25-2006, 02:16 PM
"Talking Dirty Laundry with the Queen of Clean" recommends the following:
* Spot Shot
* rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol(much stronger -- test it first)
* acetone (again, test it first)
* white, nongel toothpaste rubbed firmly and vigorously
* soak in milk (now that one sounds right up your alley!)
* turpentine, followed up with dishwashing liquid before laundering
* Energine cleaning fluid

Hope one of them helps!

psophia17
04-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Yikes, I'm thinking a trip to Costco to buy all new t-shirts and socks for DH is in order...

I haven't risked white socks for DS yet, and he's okay with spotted drawers ;)

tarabenet
04-25-2006, 03:03 PM
LOL! Petra, you don't have to use all of those remedies! Just pick one to try. Or not. You are too funny! If I send you some stuff, will you wash it the same way, so I can get all-new too? :P

mamato1
04-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Maybe you can start a new fad and before you know it we will all be wearing spotted drawers. :)

Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

AddiesMom
04-25-2006, 04:18 PM
I use Zout on the spots and let it sit for a while, I have had good luck with it. They just came out with a new spray that I bought at Target today.

On Friday I accidentally ran my brand new cell phone in the washer. How do you get water out of the screen? lol

chlobo
04-25-2006, 05:31 PM
My DD drew on the carpet with dry erase marker and I used apple cider vinegar & baking soda to get it out. Worked great.

psophia17
04-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Only if it's whites...;)

Seriously, though, can you imagine spending the amount of time needed to get flourescent orange stains out of 14 pairs of white socks and 7 white t-shirts using any method that involved locating all of the spots and *gasp* rubbing???

Oh the horror!

psophia17
04-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Ooh!

That sounds like something I could try by just putting vinegar and baking soda in the wash with the load of orange spots...much better than rubbing any day :)