PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day crafts and traditions

neeter
04-25-2006, 03:14 PM
I recently read in a magazine about how a Mom would take her daughter to a paint your own pottery place and the daughter would decorate a tile. She's saving all the tiles to put around a mirror -- which would take 16 tiles. I think this is a really cute idea...except I probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to make a mirror out of it all. Any other ideas that I might be able to borrow?

Do you have any recurring Mom's Day traditions that can be savored from year to year? I love the idea of looking back and remembering....

Any ideas? Thanks!

s_gosney
04-25-2006, 03:28 PM
The day care provider dd went to last year had all of the children make stepping stones with their handprints in them. They took decorative rocks & letter tiles and spelled out the kids' name and the year. DD no longer goes there, but I think we may make this a tradition.
I like the tile idea, but I don't think I would want to wait that many years to have a completed piece, IYKWIM. You could always display them in another way though.
I'm interested to hear others' ideas.

buddyleebaby
04-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Well, it's not really a craft but my mom always makes sure to have my dad take a picture of her with all her children on mothers day. She has from her very first mothers day, when my older brother was nine months old.

neeter
04-26-2006, 06:44 AM
Both are really cute ideas, thank you! I love the stepping stone because it can be used immediately. :) And the photo is really cute -- I could start an album with one Mum's Day photo a year. Thanks!