PDA

View Full Version : OT: Need advice from World Market shoppers!

Alys the Cat
04-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Well, they're finally opening a Cost Plus World Market in South Florida! I can't wait to go (the grand opening is next week), and have my eye on a dining table and chairs on their Web site. I have a few questions, tho:
How is their furniture quality?
Do they run furniture sales or discounts often? (I'm not sure if I should buy right away or wait it out a bit.)
Thanks for your advice! :)

Corie
04-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Occasionally, they have coupons in the newspaper.

In fact, my brother bought the Tao coffee table, two end tables,
and wine bar by using 40% off coupons.

He took his two coupons, my coupon, and my sister's coupon to
the store with him. He purchase the 4 pieces of furniture
using the 4 coupons.

Saved him a bundle of money!!

I would probably hold out and wait for a coupon! Don't forget
to ask around in the Bargains section!

elliput
04-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Sign up for their news and promotions on the website. http://www.worldmarket.com/home.jsp They send out 40% coupons occaisionally.

KHF
04-26-2006, 10:39 AM
They also run regular 20% off sales on their different furniture lines, in addition to the 40% off coupons (which only apply to regularly priced items typically).

I'm a World Market furniture junkie... We have the dining table, 4 chairs, 2 end tables and a console table all from the Lugano collection. We also have 2 Akio nightstands. I can't say enough about the quality of all of them. And for the price, you really can't beat it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I just wish they would start carrying their beds in king size instead of just queen size!

Kirsten
Mom to Laurel - born 8.22.2005

Alys the Cat
04-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks, ladies! Kirsten, I'm happy to hear the quality is good. I'm looking at the Chemia set. The table is a nice compact size, but has two leaves for entertaining. Just hoping I like the color IRL!

calebsmama03
04-26-2006, 03:23 PM
I just got a dining set from WM and LOVE it! I've found that you do need to check for cracks, etc but if you get a good piece at the start it is good quality (they often have chairs pre-assembled on the floor that seem to either have cracks or be off-kilter). We used the 40% off coupon from Feb (7 times ;) )BUT I noticed that the current 40% excludes furniture :( Do sign up for web offers though!
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

Jen841
04-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Love our table and chairs from there. When we bought them 4+ years ago there was a sale a week later and they refunded me the difference. We did have to assemble them ourselves, but not a problem! We found a very nice China Cabinet at Marshall Fields that goes perfectly with the table. It was originally our every day table in our condo, but our dining room table in our house.

Miss Cost Plus! None close to me now.

kellyotn
04-26-2006, 04:32 PM
We have some outdoor furniture. It was incredibly cheap and has held up for years. (Rough winters too, we should bring it in but never do.)

They have a nice wine section, fun foods, and are the only place I can find Torani syrup for coffees that is sugar-free. And, its a lot cheaper than other store's non-sugar-free.

Hardware for bathrooms (towel holders, etc.) is cheap and fun too.

dr mom
04-26-2006, 07:37 PM
We have a coffee table and end tables that we got there several years ago - they have acquired more of a "distressed" finish courtesy of DS (teething, crayons, pounding with random toys) but still look good and the construction is solid. No regrets! :)